2017 Salsa

rick81721

Lothar
So new Camaro vs new mustang, you're taking the mustang even though the new Camaro is clearly the better performer. Why?

Is that a fact? Depends on model and application - can any Camaro run with the GT350r on the track? For me there's also the brand loyalty factor - I've always liked Fords, never owned (and most likely never will) a GM vehicle.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry... I should have been hypothetically speaking. But the first review I read...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...-chevrolet-camaro-ss-vs-2016-ford-mustang-gt/
im not going to shit all over this thread with car stuff, but make another thread and ill go into detail about it....but somewhat related...I wouldnt read a review that @gtluke did on a scalpel and then make my decision based on it. Not saying he doesnt have a valid opinion, hes just using for different reasons than I would be.

Maybe, but if you are dropping hard earned $$ on a bike, it better look good. Appreciating the craftsmanship and design is part of the buying the part. I know you don't believe in this given you answers in the "best I ever had" thread(s)

I am looking at bikes the same way you cars, you wouldn't put some shit looking wheels on an old car you fixed up, would you?
That being said, I do ride an EWR

Yes, your frame looks totally unusal, but it doesnt trigger the reaction in me "OMG FUCK THATS UGLY I WOULD NEVER OWN ONE" and then totally dismiss based on looks. I really didnt like how leftys looked when I first saw one...but then I rode one...now they look a hell of alot better to me....but im a huge proponent of form follows function. I would rather something look hideous and work well....if it functions well enough...hideous will eventually become beautiful. Hence why so many people fall in love with the look of a rally car, or hood scoops, fender flares, wings, etc...things that were originally intended for function that became design features. I mean dont wider mtb tires look better now? Disc brakes? god how odd do rim brakes look on an mountain bike now? 1x set ups vs 3x, etc.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Aesthetics are pretty much the only thing I care about. @UtahJoe is right some things grow on you. Like the mtbNJ colors. When I decided to join the team, the colors had grown on me enough that I would consider joining. Now everything I buy has orange or blue in it. When I swipe right on Tinder it's not because I read the profile.

rustynuts

The Timberjack looks like a lot of bike for the money, am I missing something?

I agree, maybe some one with more bike knowledge can chime in on that. It may be that it's aluminum (and aluminum rims), plus wheels, so it will be heavy?

Mumonkan

the sales rep came in my shop a couple weeks ago and showed us the product book, i told him ill consider a salsa when i actually see a pony rustler in person

he laughed. i laughed. it wasnt actually funny.

i tried not to hurt his feelings over that 29+

carpet fibre warbird was the only interesting thing i saw, digging most of the new paint schemes though

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
"Wait 30 years and we'll reintroduce it as the next best thing.", said in the bike R&D department.

nishiki-alien-ad.png
I'm impressed by the amount of bottles that bike holds.

blackburn1973

Maybe, but if you are dropping hard earned $$ on a bike, it better look good. Appreciating the craftsmanship and design is part of the buying the part. I know you don't believe in this given you answers in the "best I ever had" thread(s)

I am looking at bikes the same way you cars, you wouldn't put some shit looking wheels on an old car you fixed up, would you?
That being said, I do ride an EWR
2009_OWB_Blue.315202343.jpg
Glad you beat me to having to bring this up. It's all in the eye of the beholder, though.

Top Bottom