Jags and Ratis coupes

I can't disagree more, but respect your position
one of my grad papers, discussed Bangle's vision to do what other car companies wouldn't do, which was to have 30% more lines or folds in sheet metal. This was really forward thinking, look at the the angles in cars today, aero doesn't need to look like melted chassis. Kia's design team is so much more talented than today's BMW

I respect that Chris Bangle was seen as a visionary with designs ahead of their time, but I don't like the look of the Bangle-butt BMWs such as the E60. I think the Bangle-butt looks fitting on Hyundais such as the Equus, not on a German auto.

I can of course appreciate that some of Bangle's BMW sketches are great.

I respect that Chris Bangle was seen as a visionary with designs ahead of their time, but I don't like the look of the Bangle-butt BMWs such as the E60. I think the Bangle-butt looks fitting on Hyundais such as the Equus, not on a German auto.

I can of course appreciate that some of Bangle's BMW sketches are great.
with you about Hyundai designs, the Genesis and Equus is like trying to put every luxury car styling cues into one car

I've told this story before, but my friend's dad bought like 4 911 cabrio's in a row. Then one time instead he bought a v8 R8. it was at the dealer so often for so long and eventually the engine needed to be replaced at under 25k miles. Audi eventually bought the car back, and paid for (including paying the added taxes on) the upgrade to the v10 version. Shortly after, same deal. Could almost never drive it. Always broken. I'm pretty sure he now drives a 911 again.
Just look on the road and see what car brands are still being driven everyday that are legit OLD at this point.
Go into ANY mall parking lot and you'll find a dozen 80's-90's BMW's people just still drive everyday. Same with Porsche's. Tons and tons of them 25+ years of daily driving.
Save for the Mercedes 190 or some real enthusiast in a b4 s4 audi or a GTI there are no other European cars that people actually drive that are like half that age.
When was the last time you even SAW a 90's Maserati? You do see dozens of older jag's everyday, on blocks in someone's yard.

The answer is Porsche Cayman, BMW M3, or Corvette.
The 911 is the doctor killer. It's way better than it used to be but it's still a difficult car to drive.
All of these cars need to be piloted by a skilled individual. They will also all come with summer tires. So come winter, prepare to drop 2 grand on a set of winter tires or the car will be uncontrollable under like 40deg F.
They don't sell mild mannered front wheel drive cars with massive understeer in this segment. If you start driving one of these cars like you would a toyota, you're in big trouble.

How come you don't see these on the road anymore? That's what I used to drive growing up. I'm gonna bring them back. It was great other than parallel parking and the transmission that died on my way back from the prom at 5am.

1982_cadillac_fleetwood_brougham.jpg

Last edited:
There resale value became lower then scrap metal price and they were all recycled into kias

the reason one does not see old maseratis on the road is that they were rare! and very expensive.
now that they have an entry level version, a once or twice a week appearance is normal.

There resale value became lower then scrap metal price and they were all recycled into kias
Resale for collectable cars are insane, are there any good buys out there anymore?
I had been eyeing a 1970 Dodge Dart GT for a few years, after giving up to find an affordable Challenger. I'm even getting price out of these bottom end muscle cars.
Also you used to able to get a first gen NSX for $25K and a Testarossa for under $50K, this was less than 5 years ago
Nowadays people want ridiculous money for GNXs and even good IROC specimens are hard to find

Resale for collectable cars are insane, are there any good buys out there anymore?
I had been eyeing a 1970 Dodge Dart GT for a few years, after giving up to find an affordable Challenger. I'm even getting price out of these bottom end muscle cars.
Also you used to able to get a first gen NSX for $25K and a Testarossa for under $50K, this was less than 5 years ago
Nowadays people want ridiculous money for GNXs and even good IROC specimens are hard to find

If you want a Ferrari, you need to get a newer one (mid 2000's and up), or a really old one. None of the in between ones, unless your alter ego is Detective Crocket or Magnum PI. And be prepared to pay the price of the car in maintenance.

CERTAIN old cars. Old full size caddys and lincolns...4 doors are pretty low on the desirable scale. Minus maybe suicide door Lincoln continentals from ~61-66

Anything Dodge and muscle car is not bottom end. People LOVE old Chryslers...they were all fast, they are all weird looking....they generally had low production numbers when you compare them to Ford and GM cars of the time.

GNX's they only made ~500 of and they were 276HP...it was the quickest car in the US that year IIRC. They were $29,900 in 1987...Same price as an 87 911. Really expensive then and one of those cars that you would really never have found a deal on in the past 30 years. Regular GN's prices arent crazy unless the car is perfect. Tons out there for 10-15k.

Just DONT buy a 355 ferrari...my next door neighbor has one...cant drive it bc hes really worried the timing belt might break...mid engine v8, timing belt against the fire wall...motor has to be pulled to get to it...which is stupid expensive.

Just DONT buy a 355 ferrari...my next door neighbor has one...cant drive it bc hes really worried the timing belt might break...mid engine v8, timing belt against the fire wall...motor has to be pulled to get to it...which is stupid expensive.

this isnt just the 355..this is any ferrari. maintenance is a PITA. its amazing how much can really be done on air cooled porsches or front engine waterpumpers by the shadetree mechanic.

this isnt just the 355..this is any ferrari. maintenance is a PITA. its amazing how much can really be done on air cooled porsches or front engine waterpumpers by the shadetree mechanic.

You really shouldn't get any Ferrari unless you're fuck-you rich. I've known guys who were just regular rich with Ferraris and Lambos, and they'd put like less than 1000 miles a year on them because of maintenance, and this fantasy that their Gallardo or 430 would become some sort of appreciating asset. Whats the point in having one unless you can drive it like you stole it every day, and run it it till the wheels fall off?

saw an f12 today, coming out of peapack on 206.
ya mon!

^this, air cooled 911s are so damn priced out now because of this, 993 has always been on my wanted list

I followed a maserati while driving home from 6mr. Don't know what the front looked like but from the back it looked just like a caddilac - fugly.

Back
Top Bottom