What beer are you drinking RIGHT NOW?

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Grimm - Cloudbusting #3 - DIPA 8% VariableIBU

8843fca48b0e90b92e7aa1c2ad147466_640x640.jpg

4.0 on the @soundz scale. Tropical bomb. I would say it's pretty hoppy but not a hop bomb per say. The aftertaste 5min after drinking it feels nice. Grimm doesn't have a NJ distribution as far as I know. For the most part, you need to be at the beer store in NYC on the shipment date to score the IPAs and normally a 2 can limit. Ride into NYC with me on Thursdays and if it coincides with a release date (3-4 weeks in my estimation), you can score some. I even include music video:

3 = don't drink again
3.5 = ok to drink again
4.0 = more than drink again
4.5 = drop whatever you're doing and drink it

*Less than 0.01% of the beers you drink should get a 4.5

Hey it looks like you won the bag auction;)

jackx

My beer rating system:

3 = don't drink again
3.5 = ok to drink again
4.0 = more than drink again
4.5 = drop whatever you're doing and drink it

Most of the beers I traditionally drank fell into the 3.5 category (including Czig Meister), like 90% of the beer I drank. But recently, I seek out the rare highly rated beers so it's been 50/50 between 3.5 and 4.0.

Anyways, Czig Meister IPA falls into 3.5. If I actually had a 3.75 category, I would give it 3.75. It's solid.

Thanks for the feedback on the Czig Meister IPA.

That is a discerning range for the scale. Especially if less than 0.01% of the beers you drink should get a 4.5.
@soundz like no beers should be worthy of a 5.0 rating.

jackx

Jackx,

No worries, this wasn't directed at you, but just a general comment. As many of these beers are new to me, I'd just like to know if I should be on the lookout for them or not.

Thanks,

Tim

I know Tim. I agree with your rant. I think some sort of feedback is better than just a picture.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My day at the beach in beers
image.jpg
Kane Morning Bell: 4.25 SUs
Would drive 30 minutes to get a bottle

image.jpg
Kane Head High: 3.87 SUs
Would definitely grab 4-pack if I saw it in the store. Unless there was Overhead or Hop Lab Citra. Then I'd get those.

image.jpg
Spellbound Porter: 2.36 SUs
My first Spellbound. First sip was awesome, then it just wasn't. Would not get it again.

Roadie

Sitting in Flemington's newest brewery. Lone Eagle Brewing near the Liberty outlets. I can walk here from my condo :)

My friend's brother is the head brewer. He used to be at Dogfish Head.

Official opening is Friday.

View attachment 38031

View attachment 38032

View attachment 38033
My wife and I went yesterday. Really enjoyed the pale ale and the saison. Need to go back with empty growlers. They are supposed to have a double ipa ready this week.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I feel like this thread has been much better since @M3Tim went on his soapbox.

Grimm - Catch Wave - IPA 6.4% medium IBU

First it hits you with the orangey citrus tropical taste then a solid piney bitter aftertaste. Grimm knocks it out of the park again. 4.0 out of 3.0/3.5/4.0./4.5.

I don't save my beer. I grab the first best thing looking in the box. Kind of opposite of what I do with food.

IPHONE-3038.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks @Norm. I tried the bottled version and was underwhelmed, I'll look for the cans. I need a normal strength IPA to balance out all the doubles and imperials I have in the fridge. :D

Honestly, it's like 2 different beers. I was really disappointed when I grabbed bottles last week, to the point that I have 5 bottles in the fridge and a newly purchased, almost empty 6 pack of cans as well.

Call it an emergency reserve.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I call bullshit on @soundz stupid scale.
I sat at the Czig Meister brewery on Saturday and had a seasonal IPA which coincidentally taste just like a head high! But the real shit was the forge IPA! Matt the Brewer said he has been releasing a new brew every Thursday and Saturday. I am not a stout guy but everyone I was talking with said its the shit.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What I tell you about the Kane stouts! Did they actually have bottles? I love how some people use soundz units but totally ignore the instruction manual.
What do you expect? Instructions were in Korean.

Top Bottom