Mini Owners\Enthusiasts?

First car for a kid should have some heft - they are gonna beat the shit out of it and likely hit something. I wouldn't go little sports car - my 2 cents. We gave my son our 10 year old maxima when he got his license.

Manual transmission, manual steering, non power brakes, would make a first great car, I think. That's what I learned to drive on. 88 Chevy Nova. 4 cylinder carb. I was able to drive anything after driving that.

She's 17, stricktly going on looks. Likes the RX-8 better than the Miata.:shrug:

How about a 350Z?:popcorn:
17? Imo... Get her something slow as balls... Like one of those subaru brz's, miata, etc. 350z is too fast.

Rx8 would be about the worst vehicle I can think of short of a TT rx7.. Or a Mitsubishi 3000gt..

17? I wish my dad got me a sports convertible when I was that age. I also would have totaled it I'm sure.

I'd go with the usual teen beater boat car like a Crown Vic. Or better yet, something FWD.

17? I wish my dad got me a sports convertible when I was that age. I also would have totaled it I'm sure.

I'd go with the usual teen beater boat car like a Crown Vic. Or better yet, something FWD.

Ya or even better and outback or Forrester.. Awd, tank, slow, boring, invisible to cops, very safe, super reliable.... But if rx8 has been tossed around I'm sure it's too late :)

17 year old in a Subaru? Might as well have Dave Matthews Band and Grateful Dead stickers on it because that shit is getting searched.

I think we are close to pulling the trigger on an '06 325Ci. High miles but clean, newer than my M3 but slower. Silver with a black top so pretty low profile.

I wish my dad got me something nice too. I had to buy my own '72 Vega GT for $50! Fixed it up and sold it for $650, then bought a '70 Chevelle SS396. Now that was dangerous. In the rain/snow the idle torque was enough to break the wheels loose. :eek:

I think we are close to pulling the trigger on an '06 325Ci. High miles but clean, newer than my M3 but slower. Silver with a black top so pretty low profile.

Bonus! Carson approved. I think I'll get a windshield banner that says " I know Dave". :D

Yep... got a used Toyota Supra Turbo Targa at 18? 19? Crashed it on the 7th day after registration lol 3k to fix

Back
Top Bottom