Round Valley TM - Friday June 10th

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
When: June 10th is a Friday. We can start at 9:00 am.

Why: This was not originally going to be open to the public because it was going to be a L'Oreal corporate 'give back to the community' day. In the end they declined the offer and we are left with 7 projects that were going to happen, and I think we now have all of 7 people going. So we're going to need to dial back expectations and do what we can.

Who: If you can come, that would be great. We are trying to get in upwards of 20 people to help on the day. Figure that we will work from 9:00 until we run out of steam, likely just after lunch or so. As I said we have 7 and I am aiming to get 20 people (or more if you so desire to skip work and join).

What: We are going to focus on the switchbacks. This is the area with the biggest need of improvement so we will focus on that for obvious reasons. We have 4 potential reroutes as well as 1 bench cutting stretch and a whole lot of trimming. This was going to encompass 3 of the 7 projects on the day so we are hopeful we can still get half as much done as originally planned.

How: If you can come, please post up here or send me a PM/email/text/smoke signal to let me know.

Last edited:

qclabrat

asked for the time in the email, but see it here
I'll stop by at 1PM and can help with whatever if anyone's still around

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
There will be a second shift!
that was easy, even if it is "trim the whips" - which is a huge problem at rv/cush

i'm in, but i think i was already in.

ktmrider

Yea 9 is not going to work but I will shoot for the afternoon as well , I'm assuming the switchbacks by chain link ? Should we bring tools ?

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think you already have me counted, but I'm in!

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Nuts. I have to work that Friday. Would much prefer to dig than work, ya dig? :)

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Still in.
Seems we won't need a whole lotta tools. Norm circle back to me if you still do.
I would prefer the afternoon shift otherwise see you all in the AM.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
In. Meeting where?

More details to come in the coming week.

For those of you who want an afternoon session, stay tuned and I'll let you know if we can pull off a double session. If we get enough interest maybe we can get a morning & afternoon crew.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I already told you that I'm probably coming, and I'm still hoping to. I'll let you know on Thursday. I have a project that I need to hand off Monday morning, so it's going to depend on how the next three days go.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@JimN - thanks, if you can come in the morning that would be helpful

@qclabrat
@rick81721
@ktmrider
@Bleeder
@phillychris498

I think you 5 plus 2 others are in the afternoon session. I am thinking to do sessions from 9-12 then 1-4. Our sole purpose is the switchback section. We are going to start at the top and just keep going down to get as far down as we can. This includes:

* at least 4 switchback reroutes to properly build grade reversals in
* bench cutting the middle section and making the trail wider
* trimming everything
* doing whatever we can with the lower section. We may have run out of steam by then. If not we'll keep going

Morning crew is:

myself (I'll be there for both)
@Kirt
@KenS
@fidodie
@jmanic
@soundz
@thegock

Meeting Area: Drive past the park entrance, take a left onto the dam access. Drive down that road, we'll hike up to the switchbacks, maybe 1/4 walk, or so.

Last edited:

jackx

I should be able to attend. Soundz like you need more for the morning session so that's when I'll be there.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
so the gate will be open for us? wow, you got pull!

all day IPA.....

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow, 2nd day ion a row I said to go past the park entrance and take a right. I mean LEFT. From route 22, go past the park entrance, take a LEFT.

Yes the gate should be open.

Top Bottom