Rocky Point LI

Mildly Wild

GF and I took a ride out to this park on Long Island last Sunday. (Very) fun park with much mileage available (17+). Great well maintained trail system. Sort of a cross between 6 Mile and Allaire. Lots of tight swervy single track with moguls thrown in. Don't know why they all it Rocky Point 'cause I didn't see a rock in the whole place. A bit of a ride getting there (1 hr 45) but there are a number of other fun parks nearby: Glacier Ridge (more elevation, less mileage) Stillwell Woods to name a few. C.L.I.M.B. does a great job with all these. Was well worth the ride out there for us. Climbonline website has trail maps and directions available.

I rode there last week. Did about 32 miles. I thought it was very similar to Wharton. The trails are super smooth and flow well, but there isn't much variety. And the traffic getting out there was brutal.

The stillwell-trailview-bethpage loop is a good one too

It's called Rocky Point as that is the town in which it's located. Its a great system indeed. Glacier is fun too. Another good one is Manorville. Further out but trails are less trafficked and thus less worn. Its not far from the Hamptons, where some good fatbiking can be had in the south shore. CLIMB does an amazing job with what is otherwise a densely populated spit of land. All the more remarkable given how sandy the soil is there.

Heading to the end of the earth this weekend and noticed I'm staying near Hither Woods State Park. Anyone every ride here? CLIMB has some info listed at 20+ miles and intermediate to advanced terrain?

Grew up riding the Greenbelt and Stillwell in the early '90s on my Trek 820 Antelope. That was great. Went back to Stillwell a few years ago, still a lot of fun to ride there. Never was able to make it our east to try some of the other trails...

Back
Top Bottom