Heckle-cation the other months of the year.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
Yay Hockey!

Mennen smells bad.

My rink has fresh air!
12651107_10153766825936206_3530867217779928869_n.jpg
THE WHOLE PLACE SMELLS LIKE A HOCKEY GLOVE.

The Heckler

"Fliffing out" a little this week. Finally picked up that trainer.. Mixed feelings but it works pretty well I guess. Got the Cyclops Fluid 2. The first 2 minutes of pedaling I had the feeling "man this isn't going to do it for me, not enough resistance," then it warmed up or started to wear in and I found the resistance.

In the plastic world this came on Monday. YAAASSSSS
IMG_4796.JPG

I'm listening to the new Dr. Dog album right now. Pretty good, as you would expect from Dr. Dog.

The Heckler

How long has that Black Label been open?

Whisky goes bad, you know.
Good question.

When I was 17 I didn't understand how my parents had so much old liquor in the house. Just sitting, never being touched. I'm talking about tax stamped booze, still sealed.

I get it now that I'm out of college on my own and working. There was a good 4 or 5 years there that I helped liquidate some of their liquid collection. Definitely not drinking like I used to.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
"Fliffing out" a little this week. Finally picked up that trainer.. Mixed feelings but it works pretty well I guess. Got the Cyclops Fluid 2. The first 2 minutes of pedaling I had the feeling "man this isn't going to do it for me, not enough resistance," then it warmed up or started to wear in and I found the resistance.

In the plastic world this came on Monday. YAAASSSSS
View attachment 31444

I'm listening to the new Dr. Dog album right now. Pretty good, as you would expect from Dr. Dog.

Let's see how much vinyl you got on the shelves.

The Heckler

Let's see how much vinyl you got on the shelves.
2 laZ 4 pix

Between the @Dutch Frog and I we have almost 5 cubbies filled, with other stacks all over the apartment. Seriously, kitchen, bed rooms, hallway.

My guess is ~350+ LPs/12's, 35-7", 2-10" and one 9" Lathe cut split by "Gang Wizard / Friends Forever" which may be the trippiest, weirdest thing I've ever heard ever, ever, ever.

The Heckler

I usually struggle at life in the winter. 2013 was my first full year out of college and the first year I started riding consistently. Also the year I started racing CX.
upload_2016-2-19_8-59-43.png

Winter 2014 was a pretty low point involving a lot of whiskey.
upload_2016-2-19_9-0-3.png

Less whiskey but endless snow sent me into a dark place. Pretty burnt out after a pretty intense CX season.
upload_2016-2-19_9-0-27.png

Not burnt out, busy, moving around, feeling good.
upload_2016-2-19_9-0-49.png

I've noticed a strong correlation between how active I am and my general happiness. I've been pretty happy this winter. I'm sure a lot of that is due to a mild January, but even with a bunch of time on the trainer the last few weeks I feel great. Warm weather and long days are on their way!!!!!!

This weekend looks great. I have a long epic hike planned for Saturday and a 3 hour ride planned for Sunday. I hope you also have some great outdoor activities planned.

vlkslvr

The mild Jan has definitely helped my mood. And now that the days are starting to get longer again I've noticed another upswing in general happiness. Even though it's cold it seems manageable.

Unfortunately I've been out on the bike for 1 hour in 2016 so far - but that doesn't mean I've been inactive. I'll be at Sourlands on Saturday doing some loops on foot for 3-4 hrs. Depending on how I feel on Sunday I may get out on the bike.

Keep active, keep moving and don't forget to drink a little whiskey.

The Heckler

Been sick for a little over a week and finally coming back from it. I've been taking some rest days, recovery rides and the newest thing core and body weight exercises.

Yoooooooooo, homie is hurting today. The killers were push ups and triceps dips. I ended with a plank and struggled to get myself vertical. It felt like my torso was magnetized to the floor.

In even worse news it was 50 this morning and I didn't ride to work. LUCKILY there should be time for a ride when I get home. yayyy!

SHORT TRACK ON SUNDAY!!!

Mountain Bike Mike

Been sick for a little over a week and finally coming back from it. I've been taking some rest days, recovery rides and the newest thing core and body weight exercises.

Yoooooooooo, homie is hurting today. The killers were push ups and triceps dips. I ended with a plank and struggled to get myself vertical. It felt like my torso was magnetized to the floor.

In even worse news it was 50 this morning and I didn't ride to work. LUCKILY there should be time for a ride when I get home. yayyy!

SHORT TRACK ON SUNDAY!!!

Meat Head!

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ask Heckler Thursday:
You seem like the person to ask about this.
I am attending my first mountain bicycle race event on Sunday,
primarily for the purposes of heckling my friends that nutted up and registered to race.

My question is about the boundaries of heckling-
Can you say stuff about dudes' moms, or do you have to limit it to how much they/their bike/their kit sucks?
And there are going to be a few laps, if I run out of things to shout at them, can I just throw rocks?

Thanks in advance.

The Heckler

Ask Heckler Thursday:
You seem like the person to ask about this.
I am attending my first mountain bicycle race event on Sunday,
primarily for the purposes of heckling my friends that nutted up and registered to race.

My question is about the boundaries of heckling-
Can you say stuff about dudes' moms, or do you have to limit it to how much they/their bike/their kit sucks?
And there are going to be a few laps, if I run out of things to shout at them, can I just throw rocks?

Thanks in advance.
@jmanic,

Thank you for your inquiry. We are excited to help you with your heckling needs.

The #1 is don't be a dick.* Kit/cloths/gear heckles are a good safe bet, team name puns, reading shakespeare, asking political views, quoting movies - all great safe fun. I enjoy just trying to make racers laugh. It's a hoot getting someone deep in the pain cave to crack a smile. There will be MANY laps if I understand this short track thing. Come prepared, its on BSA property I think so you may have to hide your beer in juice boxes.

@Norm, can you confirm juice box beer?

@seanrunnette is the true heckling god. Stand around him and hope some of his quick wit rains down on you from above. If you're lucky he might grace you with a relic giving you the powers of a slightly better heckle.

*If the person you are yelling at is your friend anything is fair game. Make him/her cry, but know that they may kill you, or may try to sleep with your S/O on a later date.

The biggest thing to remember is that the racers are racing and some are there for kicks, some are there for business and some are in the middle. If you feel inclined to offer hand ups let the racer decide if the want the hand up, don't force it upon them. Encourage fun, not negativity.

It took me many races to figure out what was okay. There is a pretty big grey area with "what's okay." Every person responds differently to different stimuli. Surprisingly, I've received 3 of my middle fingers from "Sweet aero helmet," on three separate occasions.

I'm still not a good heckler, I just yell really, really loudly and try not to be a jerk.

HOPE THAT HELPS, SEE YOU AT THE RACES. ILL BE THE DORK IN THE MARTYS KIT ON A RED EPIC WITH A ORANGE HELMET AND STUPID GLASSES. Tell me I look fat, I can't stop eating chipz and candy.

-The Heckler

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@The Heckler! I've got a desiccated pinkie bone I found on a sidewalk outside the Church of Infant of Prague. Will that work?
You are the compass rose of heckling

Top Bottom