Buying Beer Online

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
thats crazy that they let UPS be in charge of that, i mean who are they? the UPS guys that come here could give two shits about that kind of stuff

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
thats crazy that they let UPS be in charge of that, i mean who are they? the UPS guys that come here could give two shits about that kind of stuff

Yeah it's also annoying because we're never around when they try to deliver. They'll leave it with a neighbor if one of them is outside, but I usually have to go to UPS to pick it up after three failed delivery attempts. Not a big deal because it's on the way home from work and is right near my house, but it takes some of the convenience out of buying online.

Also, they probably figure kids aren't buying wine or $20 4-packs of beer online.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Then I have to go to the loading dock, use the package tracker software to claim it, load it in my car, etc. I prefer to gamble and hope a neighbor will be around to sign for me. There is a retired couple across the street who are usually out working on their immaculate yard.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Also, they probably figure kids aren't buying wine or $20 4-packs of beer online.

I don't know if I'd agree with this. It combines two characteristics of minors - under-age and a lack of appreciation for the true monetary value of goods and services. Most kids would happily pay above face value for alcohol if it ensured they could get it. When I was a kid, my older brother turned 21 when I was 17, and I used to use him to get cases all the time. He did as an older brother should do and shook me down at a ludicrous markup, but three hours later when I was sh*tfaced in the park with my friends, I didn't care. It was only money. If there is one thing that could be a saving grace for keeping minors away from stuff like this it would be that most people underage don't drink the kind of beer that is going to naturally charge that much. I mean, imagine being 17 and drinking a dozen IPAs. You'd be inventing new colors when you're vomiting and hungover the next morning.

Top Bottom