The Guitar Player Thread.

Mountain Bike Mike

E14B8E21-38DD-4718-A23A-7AE8735A6416_zpsdlvn4pnj.gif

can we use it for target practice?

5F97911C-0300-4B6B-A562-0F4788673D04_zpssgqpcuhc.gif

Johnny Utah

I think we should have the first "MTBNJ Guitar Batter".

It will be an all out guitar battle, "run what ya brung" style. Submissions would be due by 12/25/15, voting would be open to 1/13/16.

Then the champ is crown'd.

I am thinking of making some hideous trophy for the event that will make us oil soil our pants upon viewing (or at least me).

We will need some prize donations.

If lyrics are involved, they must be about the happening on this site over the past year.

Extra props for an additional music video.

Sandman98

I like this thread a lot!!
I wrote this one a long time ago. The guitar im using that i bought at a surplus shop for $40 and it is the original ibanez rg550 in blue color which I customized. I love the tone of this guitar.

This is the original guitar after i fixed it and before i cuztomized it. The guitar was in bad shape but the tone was amazing

Grew up learning and listening to van halen, paul gilbert, nuno bettencourt, ritchie kotzen, satch and vai. This is the guitar after i removed the paint

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Took out the RG to take a pic...
1125151650.jpg

1125151650a.jpg

This is my Marshall.... :)
1125151652.jpg

Now only if I can remember what I did with my effects board.....

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
So, 2 of my earliest influences were Kirk Hammett and Joe Satriani. Listening to Metallica's Master of Puppets is the reason I went out and bought a guitar in the first place. I locked myself in my room and learned Puppets and Justice note-for-note. To this day I work both of those albums into my normal jamming rotation and often use examples as lessons for newer players. Seriously the groundwork for almost any techniques you can think of in rock playing.

And yes, I own a Kirk Hammett Signature ESP :)

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I'll give you lessons. I have 1 student at the moment.
Wow... thank you and very generous of you. At this point, I am just uncertain about how consistant I will be and I know this can frustrate the one putting in the time and efforts to teach.

It would be pretty cool to have a jam session every now and then for some pointers.

In nyc, there used to be practice studios where you can rent by the hr. The place was already set up with drums and amps. All you had to bring was ur guitar and effects. Does such a place exist in nj?

Steve Vai

An ibanez Artstar - Nice. I have one from 1987. Same sunburst paint. Needs some TLC and a fret dress though. Haven't played it in a few years.

I don't own a hollow body at the moment, I need to get something.

Steve Vai

Wow... thank you and very generous of you. At this point, I am just uncertain about how consistant I will be and I know this can frustrate the one putting in the time and efforts to teach.

It would be pretty cool to have a jam session every now and then for some pointers.

In nyc, there used to be practice studios where you can rent by the hr. The place was already set up with drums and amps. All you had to bring was ur guitar and effects. Does such a place exist in nj?

There are a bunch of studios like that around. A bit much for low key jamming though.

Top Bottom