loud motorcycle question

RobW

Saw some guys flying a drone at the sourlands on sunday - the buzzing was annoying!
I used to hike at the sourlands weekly when I lived in branchburg, we would meet our friends and bring our dogs. They were best friends and loved to run so we always let them off leash.... One day an old woman stopped and said..." You know, this is some people only time to get out and look for birds, and you people have to be loud while calling your dogs!" we laughed in her face

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I used to hike at the sourlands weekly when I lived in branchburg, we would meet our friends and bring our dogs. They were best friends and loved to run so we always let them off leash.... One day an old woman stopped and said..." You know, this is some people only time to get out and look for birds, and you people have to be loud while calling your dogs!" we laughed in her face
Yeah, yelling for your dog is super annoying. Basically anything that makes loud noises (other than a nature noise) does not belong on the trail unless it is a designated "do your loud shit here" trail.

RobW

Yeah, yelling for your dog is super annoying. Basically anything that makes loud noises (other than a nature noise) does not belong on the trail unless it is a designated "do your loud shit here" trail.
Im at fault for that however the bird line is what I laughed at.

rick81721

Lothar

I don't care about people yelling at their dogs but get pissed when off leash dogs chase me or jump on me. I regularly tell people at the sourlands that dogs are supposed to be on leash only.

RobW

I don't care about people yelling at their dogs but get pissed when off leash dogs chase me or jump on me. I regularly tell people at the sourlands that dogs are supposed to be on leash only.
Yes, mainly we were calling the dogs Bc they go too far ahead. But you're right, now that I look back at it... I wish I kept him leashed always. He ended up getting into the street. :(

Mountain Bike Mike

Yes, mainly we were calling the dogs Bc they go too far ahead. But you're right, now that I look back at it... I wish I kept him leashed always. He ended up getting into the street. :(

It's about Consideration of others. Loud Pipes, Big mouthed immature dog owners..... Same reason we're not riding this Saturday and switched the day to Sunday. We don't want to piss off the hunters.

Kaleidopete

I had two dogs run up on me in the park and the owner was about 60 feet behind them. I froze up and stood still 'cause I'm cautious of loose dogs. The owner was annoyed with me, saying "they're used to people petting them". I didn't reply "I'm used to dogs being leashed".
I saw the same guy the next day and said "Hi", all I got was a dirty look. Ya can't please everyone!

Roadie

I had two dogs run up on me in the park and the owner was about 60 feet behind them. I froze up and stood still 'cause I'm cautious of loose dogs. The owner was annoyed with me, saying "they're used to people petting them". I didn't reply "I'm used to dogs being leashed".
I saw the same guy the next day and said "Hi", all I got was a dirty look. Ya can't please everyone!
That is an irresponsible dog owner right there. How are you supposed to know that his dog is friendly? Dogs out in public should be on a leash. On the other hand, I also don't like when I am out walking my dogs and people that don't know them think it is ok to approach and pet them without asking first.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
That is an irresponsible dog owner right there. How are you supposed to know that his dog is friendly? Dogs out in public should be on a leash. On the other hand, I also don't like when I am out walking my dogs and people that don't know them think it is ok to approach and pet them without asking first.
Yea, you also don't know if a dog perceives you as a threat to his owner at which even a nice dog will nip you or at least put on a show.

Top Bottom