Johnny Utahs Bike Change Operation

Johnny Utah

@Johnny Utah - REAL TALK - He's just sizing you up cause he's that guys. He'll load up and take the last one EVERY TIME.

if you're around, he needs to know who to keep an eye on from getting his share.

I am that guy too, but on occasion I like to take the food an hide it somewhere in the office, I have a glazed chocolate w/sprinkles that has been hanging in a closet for over a year now.

RobW

I am that guy too, but on occasion I like to take the food an hide it somewhere in the office, I have a glazed chocolate w/sprinkles that has been hanging in a closet for over a year now.
Like soap the rope. Is that why you so sweet

Johnny Utah

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Rain sucks. Did a bunch of shorter punchy rides this weekend and worked on the house as well as my buddies. Also got some work done on the dildo room.

Single speed came in today, pretty sweet just needed to grease up the rear hub and set the rear brake and good to go.

Work is crazy, but when isn't it?

The stache is growing on me, but I would still drop it for the right price.

Fat Saturday is coming up, hope to see you guys/gals!

Johnny Utah

Changes, changes.

Training/rides:
As of lately I have been trying to get one big ride in a week (if not interrupted by some sort of household meltdown or outside event) with an additional 20 mile ride and then two to three shorter rides. This has been going well, but I find I keep pushing myself throughout these rides, whether it be for the entire ride or for intervals. I am getting faster, my legs are getting bigger and I am maintaining roughly the same weight. At times I worry about burnout.fatigue as @KenS pointed out this weekend. I do not want to exhaust myself and start burning up my legs, so I am thinking I will need to keep some rides as "Cool down" rides and chill out. I may use my single speed with 33x18 for this as I find it spinny for Allaire. Also thinking I need to start lifting again to cross train, although I have been using housework for this. I tend to bulk up if I lift. I am thinking squats and then upper body/core workouts, maybe two days a week.

Food:
WTF, I have been a complete furnace lately. I have been eating almost double what I was last year at this time. I do not know if it is stress or just the additional calories I am burning, but I maintain the same weight. At some point my diet will need to be refined to get to the next stage, but I think I am still far away from that. In conjunction with diet I think a coach would need to be considered, but that is a large step and life changing choice that I would need to make (and make sure my other half would live with).

Month away from Marty's

Signed up for the D&L today.

Song of the Day - Pink Floyd - Shine on you crazy Diamond

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
In conjunction with diet I think a coach would need to be considered, but that is a large step and life changing choice that I would need to make (and make sure my other half would live with).

Do you feel that you have hit a plateau in your fitness? If the answer is yes, then I would go this route. If you keep feeling that you are getting stronger each month, you still fall into the "ride more" group. I've written more about this in the past. Only you know the truth.

As someone who is getting into longer and longer events, i feel you can really just get stronger by riding more and more. And back to back. I'll type more when I'm on an actually computer.

Mountain Bike Mike

Changes, changes.

Training/rides:
As of lately I have been trying to get one big ride in a week (if not interrupted by some sort of household meltdown or outside event) with an additional 20 mile ride and then two to three shorter rides. This has been going well, but I find I keep pushing myself throughout these rides, whether it be for the entire ride or for intervals. I am getting faster, my legs are getting bigger and I am maintaining roughly the same weight. At times I worry about burnout.fatigue as @KenS pointed out this weekend. I do not want to exhaust myself and start burning up my legs, so I am thinking I will need to keep some rides as "Cool down" rides and chill out. I may use my single speed with 33x18 for this as I find it spinny for Allaire. Also thinking I need to start lifting again to cross train, although I have been using housework for this. I tend to bulk up if I lift. I am thinking squats and then upper body/core workouts, maybe two days a week.

Food:
WTF, I have been a complete furnace lately. I have been eating almost double what I was last year at this time. I do not know if it is stress or just the additional calories I am burning, but I maintain the same weight. At some point my diet will need to be refined to get to the next stage, but I think I am still far away from that. In conjunction with diet I think a coach would need to be considered, but that is a large step and life changing choice that I would need to make (and make sure my other half would live with).

Month away from Marty's

Signed up for the D&L today.

Song of the Day - Pink Floyd - Shine on you crazy Diamond

A great midweek workout is getting beat on at Chimney Rock. Do that weekly and you will get stronger

Tony G

If your happy with your advances and you feel good I would just keep going like mentioned. Weight training is good but it can be very taxing.
What you do kinda crosses some boundaries between sprinting and endurance. It's the hardest thing to lift for. Training room in Manasquan would not be a bad start. One or two days a week in winter months..He does a lot of kettle bell stuff which is awesome core work. After that any simple bar bell routine like starting strength or 5x5 is good for beginners. Just simple multi joint movements based on building strength. Gotta be careful with any weight lifting program as rest is important.

Johnny Utah

So the Mrs. is back to studying for the CPA, which means she needs silence in the house, something I am not good at, so I think I am going to challenge myself to hitting 150 miles by Sunday evening. Not crazy, but still tough enough. We have a holiday party tomorrow night, and I have to help install a fence tomorrow at my buddies house. So there's tonight, tomorrow AM and Sunday. The weather is just too nice not to. Here comes lots of saddle time, sore hands, dead legs, lots of food and a ton of fun!

Plus a feel a bit sluggish, but I need to get away from work and technology.

Song of the Day - Rammstein - Ich Wil

Johnny Utah

Night one, 20 miles, but limited by the 33/18 single speed and got creeped out on the woods. Need to play catch up tomorrow morning in order to be setup for Sunday.

Johnny Utah

Day two, 31 miles. I used the ride to stop by Brielle for supplies for today's attempt.

Got a little over half of my buddies fence up.

Solid dinner in Red Bank at the Mrs. Christmas party.

Now it is game time. Hopefully I can stay the coarse today.

image.jpg
image.jpg

The Kalmyk

Night one, 20 miles, but limited by the 33/18 single speed and got creeped out on the woods. Need to play catch up tomorrow morning in order to be setup for Sunday.

It's been over 5 years since I rode at night in the woods. They were usually without human companionship. I've been spooked out numerous times.

You'd think riding with my dog would help. At night her sense seemed heightened. Her ears were always at a stance and eyes were always staring out. It gives the impression that someone or something is watching you. Had a bitch moment or two when I pedaled a little harder than needed too :D:rolleyes:.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Dude the reservoir is supper low eh? we were out around it early it is quite noticeable.

Johnny Utah

Alright, here are the three days:

Day 1:
https://www.strava.com/activities/448533753

Day 2:
https://www.strava.com/activities/448881830

Day 3:
https://www.strava.com/activities/449734147

Day three recap goes as follows: After a packed Saturday consisting of a 30 mile am ride, fence install at my buddies and Saturday Evening Xmas party I was surprisingly up at 5am. After a relaxed coffee and breakfast I slowly packed up and headed out at 6:30am. Weather was solid, the beach had little to no wind and I made it from the Manasquan River to Sandy Hook in under two hours. Once there I decided to tour Sandy Hook, which I usually am not a fan of as it tends to be cold and windy. 25 miles to Sandy Hook with a 13 miles loop in Sandy Hook

Once out I headed into Hartshorne at just under 40 miles and ran into @rustynuts , nice meeting you! I knew sitting around Hartshorne and climbing in the rocks would eat up a good amount of energy so I decided to bomb down the fireroad and head to Huber, while doing so I ran into Mrs. G. Out to Huber for a quick cut through to make my way to ride the downhill trails at Tatum.

The roads to Tatum went easier than I expected, as I know some are tight and heavily trafficked. What I was most shocked by was the ease I have climbing them, two years back they would have been a nightmare. Once in Tatum I was actually having fun until the cranks started to come apart. I needed a 8mm and 10mm to tighten them, which I didn't have, so the move was to hit a road and find someone working on a car or a service shop. Using my phone I looked at the satellite photo and saw I was 1/2 mile from Holland Road, once there I saw a homeowner installing a trailer hitch, score! He had what I needed and I was on my way.

Off to Thomson park to see some Dawn Redwoods I installed some years back, nice! Post this I was hoping for Pizza, but no one had slices ready, so I settled for a bagel and headed for Allaire. To throw a wrench in the ride, I took the train tracks from the Collingswood Circle to just outside of the Manasquan Reservoir, it was nice to finally see what was down there. Once out of the reservoir, I was at 80 miles. Time to head to Allaire.

Once in the park I decided to ride some trails and cruised for 10 miles hoping to run into some familiar faces, but no luck, it was getting to be time for food and beer, so I took the long way home.

All in all, good ride. If I stuck to the road I am confident I could have gotten 130 miles in with ease. I had a bit more light left, but decided to go home and relax for a bit.

Food was as follows:

Breakfast -2 eggs and an ounce of oats
Four packs of cliff blocks
One Clif Bar
One Manhattan Bagel with cream Cheese

I did have a solid base of food from the night before.

Looking forward to what next weekend brings.

Song of the Day - Sevendust - Black

Top Bottom