2015 gravity season

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We will be camping in parking lot burning things. They have food and bar at the lodge. Probably leave early Saturday or maybe Friday early. @gtluke your ibis will be fine. Plus you can take some runs on the old sled too...

BiknBen

I now have another GT Fury in my house. This one is for my son, Ryan. I already had an older Ironhorse that was working out well for him. GT was blowing these out so I decided to add another. I just installed lighter springs. Ryan and I are headed to Creek for the afternoon tomorrow. Then hoping to continue to Thunder Mountain for Wednesday.

This is the Fury Elite. The lesser of the three in the Fury lineup. Same frame for all. This one has generic wheels, Shimano Deore brakes, Domain fork, and VanR shock. An aggressive adult would beat the piss out of this bike. It will do fine for Ryan, the 120lb beginner DHer.

I need to come back and highlight my Fury Team as I've upgraded the crap out of it. It is now better than the World Cup version. Yeah, I've been bitten by the DH bug.

Last edited:

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
I and a couple friends visited Windham last Saturday.
Near perfect day!
(to make it perfect, only needed better ice cream)

BiknBen

I and a couple friends visited Windham last Saturday.
Near perfect day!
(to make it perfect, only needed better ice cream)
What did you think of Windham? I haven't been hearing great things. Basically, not enough of anything to justify the trip.

Last edited:

Ian F

What did you think of Windham? I haven't been hearing great things. Basically, not enough of anything to justify the trip.

I was there for the World Cup event and as such, spent most of my time on the "Citizens DH" ESC course I was racing, but I did take a run down Wilderness Roll. Fun trail - similar to A-Line. I heard a couple of others are fun as well. Personally, I think a good weekend would be Day 1 at Windham and then Day 2 at Plattekill, which is about 45 min away. Stay overnight in Windham. Good eats.

Johnny Utah

I was there for the World Cup event and as such, spent most of my time on the "Citizens DH" ESC course I was racing, but I did take a run down Wilderness Roll. Fun trail - similar to A-Line. I heard a couple of others are fun as well. Personally, I think a good weekend would be Day 1 at Windham and then Day 2 at Plattekill, which is about 45 min away. Stay overnight in Windham. Good eats.
2nd.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
see @Ian F post here also: http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/berms-and-jumps-and-flow.7025/page-22#post-595019

You know how much I love Platty, when asked which place I like better, I had no answer. I REALLY enjoy both places.

The trails are very different at each place.

Windham has less trails, but they are so well designed (and signed) I was happy with riding them all day. They are pure fun but allowed me some challenge and confidence to work on skills (in this case, jumping).

Both places have nice areas for non-riding family to hang out. Which is important to me. And nice clean large bathrooms.

And ice cream.

At windham you have to load your bike on the lift yourself.
With my bad shoulder this is hard for me, glad I brought a personal loader :)
But the guys working the bottom of the lift were understanding and helped when they could.

Actually I am looking forward to going again, maybe in a couple weeks...if Hubby says its ok ;)

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok so did not go to highlands this weekend gonna save that for October.

My boy and I hit Blue today and loved the runs today definitely will be back.
Tomorrow will be creek day. Gonna start ramping it up as the weather gets cooler....

Ian F

I'll be at Timberline in WV this weekend for the Gravity East Series. They posted a course preview this morning. Looks interesting. More natural and less groomed than many other places. Should be a fun race. Being fearful of where the storm in FL heads, I just mounted mud tires to me spare wheels...

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good morning MTBNJ
From great North of NH
Highlands
image.jpeg

Top Bottom