Ibis mojo HDR plus conversion project

skyrokz

Since my specialized enduro conversion being so great I have decided to start on a new winter project. I will be converting my ibis to accept plus size tires, this will involve cutting up the rear triangle and custom making extensions from carbon, widening the rear end to accept the new 148 boost hub and wider tire. I will be making wooden jigs and try to post progress pictures along the way. The final step will be a custom paint job which I will spray my self and I need the forums help with the final touch which will be a name to emphasize the conversion, all suggestions are welcome... MOJO HD-PLUSH as an example. This will be incorporated into the paint job scheme of frame and wheelset. Whish me luck!

Mojo Jojo.

image.gif

Hehe, giving the bike a little character wouldn't be the worst idea... maybe I can find someone with some airbrush skills to hook it up before I put a clear coat on the paint

Good luck with the project !

the name will come..need to sleep on it.

Threskiornis ?

Quick update, after extensive reasearch, I have came to a conclusion I will need to have all my bits and pieces for proper mock up, I also decided to go with the vacuum process to extrude extra resin and keep the part as strong and light as possible. All parts have been ordered including;
Vacuum pump
Vacuum bagging lines/fabric/adhesive tape
Resin with both fast and slow hardener
Graphite powder
Unidirectional 12k carbonfiber sheet
Unidirectional 6k carbonfiber sheet
2x2 3k weave carbon fiber for finish layer
Lightweight filler
Epoxy aerospace adhesive
Microbaloon filler
Most importantly actual bike components on order;
Pike boost RTC3
50mmwide x 34mm high carbon rims
Hope pro 2 evo boost hubs

I will start building the mock up jig after all the parts come in which should be towards the end of next week.

While there's probably no way this makes sense financially, I love that you're doing it. Too friggen cool!

Don't forget to take lots of pictures. Even if you choose not to share them, it'll be a great resource to look back on.

While there's probably no way this makes sense financially, I love that you're doing it. Too friggen cool!

Don't forget to take lots of pictures. Even if you choose not to share them, it'll be a great resource to look back on.
Thank you! Actually it's not as expensive as it sounds, obviously the fork and wheelset being the biggest out of pocket, the carbon and all supplies are under 400$, I also bought enough carbon to build 2 29ers but I figured once this project is successful I'll be sure to do other things with carbon, down tube protectors, custom storage compartments, battery pack holder and maybe some custom lights that wrap perfectly around the bar... possibilities are endless. I think most important aspect of all this will be the fact that it will be a product of my own hands and imagination, also opening up the Avenue of taking something and making it better or compatible with new standards

Layup supplies are trickling in little by little, looks like I will be starting the Frankenstein this week!
received_1043914705632235.jpeg

I will pay you in photos and $20 for a storage compartment thingy that fits in the "gas tank" of the HDR

Does that little triangle change with size of the frame? Because I will be making a mold of it so I can build a little storage trunk... once the mold is made and It doesn't vary by frame size I'll be able to pop a few out no problem @gtluke

Does that little triangle change with size of the frame? Because I will be making a mold of it so I can build a little storage trunk... once the mold is made and It doesn't vary by frame size I'll be able to pop a few out no problem @gtluke
hmm, probably. not sure actually
mine's a medium

Back
Top Bottom