Washington Valley Park (CR) TM Sat 10/10 9am

qclabrat

Another fine TM with @Kirt, his crew and the army from High Tech. I'm itching to ride the new reroutes, the yellow trail has become my favorite as of late and continues to get better with every TM. Thanks to all who have put time into making CR a great park. @alex_k it was good meeting you today

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Good times yesterday. It's amazing what those high-tech boys can do. We banged out so much sweet trail. Nice meeting everyone. Can't wait to ride it.

I usually ride the red or blue trails because I never liked how Yellow rode by the river. However I decided to hike it today because I can't ride ( coming off rotator cuff surgery ) and was surprised to see the new trail. It looked like fresh work, so I decided to check mtbnj. I guess it happened yesterday. You guys did a fantastic job. When I am back to riding I will be adding this trail back into the rotation.

20151011_132929x.jpg
20151011_132934x.jpg
20151011_133011x.jpg
20151011_133018.jpg
20151011_133056x.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow that looks like some awesome stuff. Does Johnny G already have the KOM on it?

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We had a pretty successful day on Saturday, to say the least. Got way more accomplished than I ever could imagine in 1 day.

I'd like to thank the following:

Manny Lugo @MannyL358
George Berger @gmb3
Alex K (Last name SP?) @alex_k
Rob Blash @rlb
Chris Brawley @pooriggy
Walter Ku @qclabrat
Mike Krause @???
Mike Tafil @I Ride Bikes

These guys worked their tails off as there was nothing easy about this project. Also extra thanks to Mike T & Woody for helping me lay this trail out and @woody for getting me extra tools.

Of course I can't thank Paul & his High Tech crew enough for making this huge reroute possible in the 1st place. These guys are all business and just work till the job is done. 1 guy asked me if they could come back next Saturday to finish the trail, I think they actually like doing the work.

Can't leave out Ranger Chris for making the improvements to the trail system possible

There's a lot more to do on this section and I'm excited to see how this all turns out. We are trying to add another session before the next scheduled date (Which is November 21st) so look for the updates & try to come out & help get this finished.

Last edited:

qclabrat

wow, that looks like it was done by machine its so nicely done. great work.

we were fortunate to have a good soaking a few days earlier
the rocks pulled out nicely, instead wacking it with tools to loosen it up

jumpa

Looks way fun! Thanks for the hard work folks, its beyond appreciated. Free trail access helps the community offset the co$t of owning the bikes in the first place and its thanks to work like this!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Very impressive. This was a tough area to work in to begin with. Can't wait to ride it.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is this the impossible-for-me-to-ride trail along the stream that comes back out onto the road near the bridge? Looked like a spot that would be tough to build for sure. Great job to everyone involved! Looks like it's been there for years.

rlb

Is this the impossible-for-me-to-ride trail along the stream that comes back out onto the road near the bridge? Looked like a spot that would be tough to build for sure. Great job to everyone involved! Looks like it's been there for years.

Yup! Impossible for anyone to ride, until now. Definitely a great addition to the network at CR

NewYellowRiver.png

Last edited:

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
And we got to ride it on the funMonday ride tonight. Rides great!

This! It rode better than I thought it would considering we pretty limited in doing a whole lot with the layout. Can't wait to continue up higher.

It will become the way up for most heading up to Yellow, not doubt in my mind.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions