Allaire downhill and jump sections

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
apparently there is some "downhilling" at Allaire.

the fact that the last minute of the video consisted of the guy walking the intense Allaire gnar gave me a bit of a chuckle.

Apparently the "downhilling" at Allaire is their cup of tea....

Well while I was wasting my life watching the most lame bike video ever I said it would be more exciting watching them push their bikes back to the top. What do you know they finished it by just doing that. Bravo Mr GoPro Allaire slayer. Oh and that music was gay in a real way.

wonderturtle

I like how he was literally laying on the ground to make it seem as if there was actually more than 8 feet of elevation change.

that video is the very anti-thesis of how I like to spend my time on the bike. walking the bike up a "hill", doing a 5 to 10-second "downhill" and then repeating it over and over so they can film the "rip session". seriously... shoot me.

Last edited:

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
apparently there is some "downhilling" at Allaire.

the fact that the last minute of the video consisted of the guy walking the intense Allaire gnar gave me a bit of a chuckle.

Apparently the "downhilling" at Allaire is their cup of tea....

Hey, I think this video is by the 'not my cup of tea' guy. I wonder if Allaire is his cup of tea.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Who wants to go there this weekend and video going down that section on some rigids and hardtails? I wonder if they have a KOM we can steal? Then we'll take video of us climbing up it ON our bikes

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Antithesis & anti-thesis. Discuss.

I'm kinda baffled at how much negative energy people put into things. And it was like the best week for biking of the year this week. I don't get it. Winter is just so far away.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.

I'm kinda baffled at how much negative energy people put into things. And it was like the best week for biking of the year this week. I don't get it. Winter is just so far away.
and I was home sick and off my bike. I couldn't even go riding at alaire.

wonderturtle

I'm kinda baffled at how much negative energy people put into things.

Norm - I totally understand your point. But the maker of the video puts himself out there as some kind of "outdoor sports guide" yet makes videos of himself riding off trail, riding unmarked trails, riding trails restricted from bikes, etc. and therefore fully deserves to be mocked.

Last edited:

huffster

@pcwhite
I'm not sure you ever got a serious answer and there are plenty more qualified than me as I live rather far from Allaire. Overall, Allaire is not going to provide much downhill. There is one area called "Pit" on the south side of Hospital Rd that is kind of a DJ area. It's pretty small, but some fun can be had there. As for a couple other trails that can carry some speed..."IMBA" and "Serpentine". "IMBA" would be downhill if you start at joint Orange/Blue and go north. "Serpentine" starting up by "Glass" and going down toward the pumphouse. Reference the map on jorba.org site. Neither is very steep, but you can really get some momentum. I also like "Tiger Woods" for its single track and variety, but would not classify it as downhill. "Hog-Bog" is flat but a nice flowy trail for some fun.

Enjoy!

Jeenyus

So true. The guy's just having fun riding... Isn't that point of it?

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
So true. The guy's just having fun riding... Isn't that point of it?
Yes I am all for the fun aspect and all kidding aside the bad part is doing that and posting a video up of riding a non-sanctioned area of the park.
We really live on the double edge sword between having fun and making ourselves out to be them asshole bikers.
every park has trails that are not really part of the legal trail system and of course they get used but we need to self police ourselves so we don't end up losing access all together.
We all know that there are a lot of places that would be just as happy to be jogger and hikers only I for one do not want to drive an hour or more to ride.

wonderturtle

Yes I am all for the fun aspect and all kidding aside the bad part is doing that and posting a video up of riding a non-sanctioned area of the park.

^this^

IMHO, The punishment (being mocked on a message board) matches the crime (putting videos out there riding unmarked and off-limits trails when you present yourself as some kind of guide for outdoor sports in nj).

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions