The MetsThread

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
See, @mattybfat has it right. The only reason a Mets fan should root for the Yankees is to see them disgraced in a worse way. The only reason I would root for the Mets is if they were playing the Red Sox. Failing that, I would not shed a tear if they went 0-162.

This is how local rivalries work. You root for the cross-town team only when they play something purely evil, like the Bubonic Plague or the Nazis.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Exactly.... I want the Jets to be good for no other reason than will someone in that fucking useless division go beat the Patriots for once...

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Take October!

thumb.aspx

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
See, @mattybfat has it right. The only reason a Mets fan should root for the Yankees is to see them disgraced in a worse way. The only reason I would root for the Mets is if they were playing the Red Sox. Failing that, I would not shed a tear if they went 0-162.

This is how local rivalries work. You root for the cross-town team only when they play something purely evil, like the Bubonic Plague or the Nazis.

This is excellent. Totally agree. I wouldn't root for the Yankees under any circumstances, and I actively root against them most of the time. The only NL team that would make me even consider rooting for the Yankees over them is probably the Cardinals (because f*ck the Cardinals), but I think I'd still go with them over the Yankees. I think the only thing in baseball this season that made me happier than the Mets post-All Star break run was when A-Rod popped a meek fly ball on the first pitch to kill the only chance the Yankees had of scoring the other night.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Jeeze cadaver really smooth out there in left tonight.

they didn't give him errors on either of them.....wait, professional, ball hits glove, and is "dropped" -> hit ?????

rlb

He didn't touch the first one, not sure about the second? At least he didn't cost them any runs!

huffster

1-0. Highlights to me: 1) deGrom pitched great, 2) Wright had a couple great at bats.

Cuddyer did look like shit out there. Not the most exciting game. I'd be happy with a pitching gem by Syndergaard tonight and some lively bats on the Mets side. I don't really expect that with Greinke though.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Looked like a late slide. Worse part is since he didn't throw it, neighborhood wasn't in effect. He's going to get a ball in the ear tomorrow.

I fell asleep too. Or passed out, can't remember

qclabrat

Same goes for me too damn late games

Someone should had thrown inside before end of game, shouldn't have to be Harvey and we don't want him ejected

Mets are looking like *******, slide was total BS even though with the rules, I've always fuk'n hated Utley, scumbag

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Harvey throws at ear in 1st inning. Umpires warns both benches. Problem solved. That's one of the rules that make no sense .. reward the team that throws at a batter first. Also that neighborhood play. You could have made argument they would have got out of that inning with score tied.

Reactions: rlb

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Harvey throws at ear in 1st inning. Umpires warns both benches. Problem solved. .

That would take away Harvey's ability to thow inside the rest of the game. He may do it, but it would be stupid.

Beat them. .. That's the ultimate payback. Then next year you can put one in his ear.

Top Bottom