Bought my first fat bike

Mr.Moto

Those pants have a weird size chart. Sized by weight, not inseam. How do they fit? If i'm a large in shorts, pants so on will the latge that's 30# under my weight fit? Im 200# now. Hope to get that number closer to 190

I went with the sizing listed in the drop down for weight and height (medium for me) and it seems about right. Based on some of the comments in your range, maybe an XXL?

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can I borrow it for the winter if @extremedave doesn't let me use his new trainer all winter?
I think we need to call you Mooch Stuff Mike. :p

Cold weather clothing is really trail and error, everybody is different. Some folks freeze their face or hands off, then there's JimV. :D I've found most normal cold weather outerwear, even name brand stuff doesn't breath well enough when you are working hard. Gore Bike Wear works really well for me and you can often find closeouts. Pants I found a thicker, windproof set of bike tights (I can look later) which works really well. I generally ride flat pedals and wear hiking boots in the snow. This past season I added a set of cheap gaiters to keep snow out off the top of the boots which worked well.
I just remembered I wrote this up.
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/patagonia-r2-fleece.35717/

On the top I'm covered. I have a few different patagoochi items, plus my snowboard tech tops. I was thinking about going to flats and boots, but i might also try the shoe cover for my current shoes. Really need pants.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
On the top I'm covered. I have a few different patagoochi items, plus my snowboard tech tops. I was thinking about going to flats and boots, but i might also try the shoe cover for my current shoes. Really need pants.

I ran SPD's last winter. Worked great until the wet snow, then....not so much. Switching to flats at first snow.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I just use the shimano M-424 pedals they have the platform for when the snow gets packed in the cleat.

domo

was wondering why the choice to get this fatbike rather than a local fattie from a nearby lbs?
just curious i may have missed something

welcome to the fat side

was wondering why the choice to get this fatbike rather than a local fattie from a nearby lbs?
just curious i may have missed something

welcome to the fat side

Cosmic Wheels is a semi local, as in not the closest) bike shop. I called all shops in my area to see whst they had instock and/or caried ran the specs and this one seemed to make the most sense to me; low stand over, 2x10, hydrolic brakes & 1k or less.

Oh, and a ~50mm stem and nice big bars, 720+

Sandman98

Enjoy the fatness. I did a lot of miles last winter than in a regular warm season. Talking about cold gear, try whatever works for you. Everyone have different experience and body type in handling coldness. I dont wear snow pants and use bar mitts and 45nrt boots. I only wear a thermal mandex, and a winter gloves. I use a shimano winter shoes and a wool sock from walmart. For my body I use under armor base layer and a thermal jersey and a soft shell jacket. For my head just a thermal headcap and a regular helmet. Sometimes I use a neck gaiters. Last time I check we're still in NJ and its not that crazy cold like alaska or russia. Use what you have first and start from there. Just my 2cents. Enjoy and be safe at all times. Peace!

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Welcome to fat-dom! Nice looking rig! Hope to meet up with more obese riders out there this winter. Let it snow!!:thumbsup:

Top Bottom