Cree 1200, 3800 lumen lights

The Kalmyk

I don't use external batteries anymore. When I did I cut a hole in a seat bag and kept it in there. I made sure the seat bag matched my bike.

ebarker9

I don't usually wear Jerseys or Camelbacks so the remote battery for the headlight screws me most of the time.

Anyone have a recommendation for a Chinese all-in-one headlamp? I'll even take less brightness as a tradeoff.

I'd be interested in this as well. Or even a non-Chinese version. Need something for night riding, XC skiing, and playing with the dog in the yard. Going to be a long winter in the dark.

Po123

I had 1 where the charger stopped but it turned out to be a battery problem something about a circuit stayed open so it would not charge or discharge.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I charge in here thanks to @fidodie

IMG_6200_zpsgvknxcea.jpg

But should open up the cases to make sure they don't look like Clark's.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
this didn't happen charging - happened on a ride!
Maybe you ride too fast.

I was just reading about the new super fighter jet that USAF is developing. It will hit Mach 8, at that speed the friction with air molecules will cause surface temps of 16000 kelvins or something. That's probably your problem.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Maybe you ride too fast.

I was just reading about the new super fighter jet that USAF is developing. It will hit Mach 8, at that speed the friction with air molecules will cause surface temps of 16000 kelvins or something. That's probably your problem.

i agree. i can't even record my rides. i blowout satellites and shit.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I use these:
http://www.amazon.com/NiteRider-Lumina-750-Headlight/dp/B00O8FP4GI

I bought two of the cheapo Cree's this year but haven't actually used them yet. I also have some old Cree/Magicshines that I just don't trust.
Almost all of the locals I ride with have the 750 and say nothing but good things, so +1. Probably the next one I'll go with when the time comes, or if I need a second light for the helmet.

I myself have a Magicshine 820, but mine came with the new style battery with the little voltage display screen. Looks to be a solid design, and the light output is great too. The older Magicshine batteries on the other hand, lik ethe Cree ones, I wouldn't trust leaving to charge at home unattended.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just pulled the trigger on this. Thank you for the 411. I've been running my Magicshine light and battery on my helmet as I don't use a camelback as well. After seeing what happed to Dave's battery....I realized this system just wasn't going to work anymore.

Looking forward to eliminating the bobble head set up I have now.

I use one of these on my helmet and one on my bars. Both on medium setting will last hours and provide more than enough light.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I use one of these on my helmet and one on my bars. Both on medium setting will last hours and provide more than enough light.

This is what I used to do. Lately I've just been doing helmet on high and second in my bag as a spare.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is what I used to do. Lately I've just been doing helmet on high and second in my bag as a spare.

When I only use the helmet light, I get tunnel vision and it throws off my depth perception. The 2 lights fix that.

Top Bottom