Marty's Fat 50 Saturday January 9 2016

Will you buy a fat bike this year?

• Total voters

Superfly100guy

Details coming mid Oct but here is a few bits of info

Part of 4
Competitive and recreational class
After party with food and drink
A mix of rail trail and single track (Black River, Colombia Trail and Patriots Path)
Start at Marty's in Randolph
Training rides start Thanksgiving

Superfly100guy

Is there a snow date? ...in case it snows.

Being the course is 80% flat rail trail if we get snow it will be fine. In the case of deep snow we may take the 20% of single track out and focus on rail trail. The basic course is Columbia Trail to High Bridge and back with a group roll out from Marty's in Randolph to Horseshoe lake in Succasunna where the official start and finish are.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No idea if someone will lend me at fat bike for it, but I had fun last year despite the conditions following along on my scalpel

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Is there a snow date? ...in case it snows.

900x900px-LL-658002b7_joke_over_your_head.jpeg

i can also vote multiple times, which will help with price manipulation

goodvibe

The route is different? No trip up Schooley's Mountain? Kind of a bummer because I liked the climbs regardless of the conditions. As usual, Marty's put on a great event. Would have loved to do last year's course again, but I am in anyway.

Superfly100guy

The route is different? No trip up Schooley's Mountain? Kind of a bummer because I liked the climbs regardless of the conditions. As usual, Marty's put on a great event. Would have loved to do last year's course again, but I am in anyway.

Yes route is different and no Schooley's. Last year we learned climbing in 12" of snow even after we groomed was nearly impossible. This year we went for more of a flat out and back route with one climb entering Palmer Park using Patriot's Path single track off Furnace Road. It's a good mix for everyone from beginner to expert. We will do a bunch of training rides starting Thanksgiving ish so people can check it out.

Superfly100guy

:)
No idea if someone will lend me at fat bike for it, but I had fun last year despite the conditions following along on my scalpel

You need to cave in and buy one. IMO fat biking is a great time to beat up on road guys who just bought one and never ridden off road before:)

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Details coming mid Oct but here is a few bits of info

Part of 4
Competitive and recreational class
After party with food and drink
A mix of rail trail and single track (Black River, Colombia Trail and Patriots Path)
Start at Marty's in Randolph
Training rides start Thanksgiving

Good call!! When will the route be posted? Curious as to how much road work involved to link up the RT and ST sections...

Superfly100guy

Looks like 1.5 miles on the road for the neutral roll out and 1 mile of road from Black River to Patriot's Path. Overall very little road I'd say. As we get closer i will ride the route and post a exact GPS.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Annoyed it doesn't start from Marty's Morristown but it's probably a much better route if weather turns sour.

Top Bottom