The MetsThread

That's why I'm a Giants fan. Man mets and jets those can be some rough years

Ya... I'm a Jets and (thank god) a Yankees fan.

When I was 10 in 1987 the Giants and Mets were kings and since I always rooted for underdogs I went the other way.

1 worked out and the other, not so much. But you need to feel the pain of pitifulness in order to fully enjoy the thrill of winning

Who is Bill Bukner if he makes that play

Buckner was a solid player in his youth. His only issue was that he was badly broken down by the time that series came around. His ankles were so screwed up he could barely walk, and his overall mobility was non-existent. He didn't belong on the field. I'm a lifelong Met fan, so I'm happy he was out there, but I don't think he deserves all the blame for that moment. A smarter manager would have sat him down earlier.

Buckner was a solid player in his youth. His only issue was that he was badly broken down by the time that series came around. His ankles were so screwed up he could barely walk, and his overall mobility was non-existent. He didn't belong on the field. I'm a lifelong Met fan, so I'm happy he was out there, but I don't think he deserves all the blame for that moment. A smarter manager would have sat him down earlier.

It is a shame his legacy will always point to this error, he did have a real good career. I remember I was sleeping in a cot in Manhattan, in an apt my parents rented out to relatives since we had moved to NJ. There was no tv but I had an AM radio which was the head of a knight, yeah I mean a shinning knight kind of knight. Pretty much gave up on them but decided to hang on till the last pitch. After the error and the eventual win, I stuck my ear out the window and heard nothing, I forgot, I'm inChinatown and no one watched baseball here in the 80s

Where were you when this happened, this is one of the 4-5 events in my lifetime where I know where I was when it occurred

It is a shame his legacy will always point to this error, he did have a real good career. I remember I was sleeping in a cot in Manhattan, in an apt my parents rented out to relatives since we had moved to NJ. There was no tv but I had an AM radio which was the head of a knight, yeah I mean a shinning knight kind of knight. Pretty much gave up on them but decided to hang on till the last pitch. After the error and the eventual win, I stuck my ear out the window and heard nothing, I forgot, I'm inChinatown and no one watched baseball here in the 80s

Where were you when this happened, this is one of the 4-5 events in my lifetime where I know where I was when it occurred

I went to college locally so I was at my parents house in Brooklyn watching with my dad. It was un-real! You could hear screaming coming from every house in the neighborhood!

Sure but that play made him more popular than if he were to retire just a solid player

Sure but that play made him more popular than just being a solid player

he was vilified for years. It wasn't until Boston won a couple titles in the past decade or so that they have welcomed him back.
Can't say he didn't capitalize on the situation. There are a boatload of signed pictures out there with him and Mookie...

i couldn't watch 2006 world series. Molina hit that 1 handed HR that launched his career...
Wife hit the sports bet in vegas tho!

I like their chances this year!!!

At least @soundz stays up this late.

• Friday: Game 1 -- Mets (deGrom) at Dodgers, 9:45 p.m. (TBS)
  • Saturday: Game 2 -- Mets at Dodgers, 9:07 p.m. (TBS)
  • Oct. 12: Game 3 -- Dodgers at Mets (TBS)
  • Oct. 13: Game 4* -- Dodgers at Mets (TBS)
  • Oct. 15: Game 5* -- Mets at Dodgers (TBS)

I wouldn't even know who they were if I hadn't found one of their albums last year in the $1 bin.
Hah! the cutout bin! They still have that? LOL. Back in the day there was nothing better than a new album that had liner notes and pics... the albums had that nice plastic smell... mmmmmm records..

Hah! the cutout bin! They still have that? LOL. Back in the day there was nothing better than a new album that had liner notes and pics... the albums had that nice plastic smell... mmmmmm records..

They don't need to be cutouts/promos these days. A lot of the vinyl we used to listen to in the days have become worthless (esp stuff that's not in excellent condition) so the $1 stuff I find at my local store (Iris Records) most of them don't have cutouts. It's sometimes the opposite, I'll find stuff going for $5-10 with cutouts, if it's a desirable record. Check discogs.com .. look up some stuff .. you'll be surprised that majority of the you look up can be gotten for 99 cents + shipping. The highly desirable / rare stuff can go for big bucks doe.

Back
Top Bottom