SRAM XG-1150 Cassette - IE - CHEAP SRAM 11speed cassettee

Johnny Utah

Well, I do not know if it is cheap, most mail order places have them at $130.00 or so, but compared to the X1 around $245.00 and the XX1 at more......well, you get the point.

My drivetrain has around 1300 - 1400 miles on it, after getting the standard cassette noise I replaced the chain, and well, the noise is still there. No major skipping, just noise.

Gears are shifting fine, barrel adjusters are good and tuned. Derailleur is straight.

Beyond putting a new cable on, it should be good to go.

So I am thinking the cassette has a few cogs that are fairly worn and it is time to replace. Anyone have any knowledge of the cheaper SRAM 11 speed cassette? This is going on my fat bike, so it is going to get beat in the snow this year.....

I should add, there is a 79 gram difference.

Last edited:

skyrokz

Try the chain ring first, much cheaper, could probably use replacing anyways and took care of my noise problems after putting on a new chain.

RobW

Well, I do not know if it is cheap, most mail order places have them at $130.00 or so, but compared to the X1 around $245.00 and the XX1 at more......well, you get the point.

My drivetrain has around 1300 - 1400 miles on it, after getting the standard cassette noise I replaced the chain, and well, the noise is still there. No major skipping, just noise.

Gears are shifting fine, barrel adjusters are good and tuned. Derailleur is straight.

Beyond putting a new cable on, it should be good to go.

So I am thinking the cassette has a few cogs that are fairly worn and it is time to replace. Anyone have any knowledge of the cheaper SRAM 11 speed cassette? This is going on my fat bike, so it is going to get beat in the snow this year.....

I should add, there is a 79 gram difference.
ride with headphones on... or a boombox in your gear bag..;)

bystickel

ins for each cassette and sprockets, and after that you can run it into the ground before replacing it all, again. You'll save money.

It was good meeting you at Ringwood Sunday.

Top Bottom