Someone is pulling rocks off the yellow trail again

Johnny Utah

Was there on Saturday and saw a kid on a specialized DH bike and another on a hardtail, both will full faces helmets.

qclabrat

@Kirt knows for sure, but I thought the previous line was causing too much erosion after all the years of neglect, maybe 40. The switch backs are tight but many seem to get through them fine, and most on 29rs. I often ride the 26 there and still can't maneuverer in either direction. Though I am getting better at it and will eventually clear it in both directions.

Nassau is typically considered a beginner park which is why the switchbacks are easier, certain sections of CR are known to be intermediate, these switchback I'd think would contribute the park's intermediate characteristics

Dingo

I dunno, just throwing buzzwords out there. That section needed to become gluten-free due to toxin buildup caused by vaccinations.

Did you ride that trail 40 years ago?
Have a few friends that grew up near there, in the mid 70's they rode dirtbikes. Most all the original trails were from the dirtbikers, or people driving cars/jeeps in the woods. Warren was a small hick town back then.

qclabrat

Like might be a strong word.... But I hear ya. Yes, Nassau's are more fun, but no where near as easy for me to get to.

I like Nassau, but I would not go if it were more than 30 mins away, using the @Norm gauge for destination parks, no I would not drive a hour to ride there. That being said, Nassau is a relatively young park and has huge potential. Could eventually have more flow like 6MR and the tech features could soon be a big draw

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The old line was a 1 way trail. The new line opens up more possibilities for loops.
And we all are able to bomb up and down the switchbacks.... Maybe you guys need to practice. Wasn't @Norm giving lessons?

qclabrat

The old line was a 1 way trail. The new line opens up more possibilities for loops.
And we all are able to bomb up and down the switchbacks.... Maybe you guys need to practice. Wasn't @Norm giving lessons?

I'm a slow learner, still need to remember to ease up on the brakes and which ones to hit and when
that first hair pin gets me every time going down, we widened it by like 4ft but my left turns aren't so good

rick81721

Lothar
I'm a slow learner, still need to remember to ease up on the brakes and which ones to hit and when
that first hair pin gets me every time going down, we widened it by like 4ft but my left turns aren't so good

Don't go by me because I suck but when I went there to practice I found the biggest mistake I was making was hitting the front brakes. When I completely laid off and made sure my weight was back, I could clean them.

rlb

Have a few friends that grew up near there, in the mid 70's they rode dirtbikes. Most all the original trails were from the dirtbikers, or people driving cars/jeeps in the woods. Warren was a small hick town back then.

So who knows how long that particular trail was there. One way or the other, it's not anymore! IMO the switchbacks are fun. You can still bomb down many other trails at CR....

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions