Gardein Brand Fake Meats

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Read about them here:
http://gardein.com/faq/

I tried the ground beef and the beef strips.

Hubby did not beleive it wasnt meat. Good texture and flavor. Cooked like meat.

Then we tried the chicken.

Again he said, "are you sure this isnt a dead chicken?"

2 days ago we tried the "mandarin chicken" it was AMAZING

This morning we were doing some shopping and I noticed they had a fish patty.
Hmmmm, there is no way to make a proper tasting (and feeling) fake fish patty without a real dead fish.

So we bought a pack to try. We baked them for an early lunch (we just finished them in fact).

You would NOT know this is fake fish!
Texture and flavor was right on. In fact I am having a hard time believing they arent lying to us and they are real fish. I actually pulled the package out of the garbage to read the ingredients again.

No dead fish.
How do they make it taste like fish?

Anyway, if you are missing meat being a vegetarian (generally I dont but the Hubby does, even though sometimes he eats meat when we go out), try these. You will be amazed.

On second thought, a fake meat kielbasa (kielbasi?) would be nice once in a while.

This is interesting.

I imagine they use seaweed or similar marine produce to simulate the fish flavor.

My parents are strict vegans so I know they won't eat this as it it a highly processed food containing soy protein isolate. They would rather eat real wild salmon once a year than processed food. But I will take a look for these at the store for myself. I will let you know if I try a Gardein product.

"Fake" food as come a long way in the 20 years i have been a vegetarian. I have tried most of these and they are good.

Wifey buys these and on a lark I tried one thinking I would hate it. Was actually very good!

kicproductimage-120662.jpg

I have been a fan of Morning Star for a while. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bacon, and the avocado "turkey" burgers. The hot dogs are ok too.

Sooooo, anyone try a vegetarian kielbasa that is good?

What are your thoughts on Soy and GMO? I used to eat the Morning Star Breakfast sausage patties and many other products (containing soy) (Protein powders, health bars) but laid off in the past few years because of all the bad press around Soy...

Sooooo, anyone try a vegetarian kielbasa that is good?

If you find this, please let me know. I'm Polish and this is the only thing I miss about being Vegetarian. And Pork Roll. I eat about 6 MorningStar Sausages a day.

Who doesn't love a good kielbasy in the mouth?

How's the nutritional value on the gardein stuff? A while back my wife picked up some farm roast? brand burgers, and after comparing things, it was healthier to eat like 3 pieces of real fried chicken.

when my father went Forks over Knives vegan years ago, he experienced nipple tenderness, but he got relief when he cut way back on the soy products.

What are your thoughts on Soy and GMO? I used to eat the Morning Star Breakfast sausage patties and many other products (containing soy) (Protein powders, health bars) but laid off in the past few years because of all the bad press around Soy...
Personally I try to stay away from gmo when I can.
Soy? I dont worry about it. Was told that soy can help lower blood pressure and relieve some female issues that occur when females age so I just dont think about how much I eat, or dont eat.

BTW, I didnt choose to go vegetarian for health reasons, thats just a plus. I try to eat healthy for health reasons, but skip the dead animals because animals are friends, not food (to me anyway).

BTW, I didnt choose to go vegetarian for health reasons, thats just a plus. I try to eat healthy for health reasons, but skip the dead animals because animals are friends, not food (to me anyway).

Same here. I've been a Veggie for over 20 years now.

Back
Top Bottom