NJ DEP WMA's

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
Our two contacts in the NJ DEP that we worked with on access to northern WMA's both retired without any notification. Contact with the new land manager for north Jersey has been made and off road cycling access has been confirmed. We can also continue our maintenance activities. The prospect of new trails however is not allowed at this time, and use of chainsaws is unresolved. We will keep you informed as we work to reestablish our relationship with the NJDEP WFG.

Last edited:
We can also continue our maintenance activities, and use of chainsaws is unresolved. We will keep you informed as we work to reestablish our relationship with the NJDEP WFG.

How do they expect blowdowns to be removed without chainsaws?

Hunters don't need trails...they bushwack. As usual it is a liability concern.

Ohhh.....we use the blades up north too....True Temper Kelly pattern double bit....when appropriate. ...and I'm as thick as anyone...errr.....ummmm...I mean in a tough guy kind of way...

Ohhh.....we use the blades up north too....True Temper Kelly pattern double bit....when appropriate. ...and I'm as thick as anyone...errr.....ummmm...I mean in a tough guy kind of way...
Yeah. I got one of those,thought it was a little light so I just got a Council Velvicut single bit. 4 1/2 lbs.

Yeah. I got one of those,thought it was a little light so I just got a Council Velvicut single bit. 4 1/2 lbs.

True that. Anymores on trail work days I use my Gransfors Bruk as a walking cane to hobble about and tell dirty jokes.

Back
Top Bottom