6 Mile Run Conditions

Probably goes without saying but... dust bowl conditions. Nice new rollers all over the place and some holes filled in, thanks jdog! Also thank you to the guy we saw with the gas hedge trimmer on red trail tonight.

The guy trimming is "wild Bill" (WJF). Stop and thank him. He has fully busted his ass and basically trimmed the entire park solo this summer. A+

New rollers are coming all the time. Some you can double. The one I put in today is a big gap but it can be cleared.

Last edited:
Jeez guys thank you so much! I was there on Friday and think the place is probably in the best shape I have ever seen it in my 3 seasons riding there.

Thanks @WJF. Nice to not be eating salad while riding, but mostly 'cause it make seeing other folks easier and makes that riding/walking/running "interface" much more pleasant.

Excellent today, dusty yes but that's like complaining about the sand at Allaire. Lots of people out and about and all with lids on except one, he asked me for directions and I was tempted to tell him to go the wrong way. That's how I roll, nice passive aggression instead of pontificating about his lack of helmet. But I didn't, all that church in my youth is hard to overcome.

Saw a father/daughter duo yesterday without helmets. Father whipped past me fast (with no regard for me being there), but the daughter was slower (looked college freshman age - wearing Rutgers hat) and I pulled over to let her pass and said "you guys should really be wearing helmets, if the parks people see you they may say something or ask you to leave." She said "oh really? thanks" and I heard her say something to her dad as I rode away.

Don't really care if that part about the parks people is not true.

I still plan to buy a few helmets and keep and extra on me while I ride. $20 each at Target is worth the investment.

Oh and Orange looked beautiful! Thanks again @WJF

This 6 pointer was just hanging out tonight on red before South
Middlebush. Didn't take the selfie because I was worried that would be the photo of him charging at me.

IMG_0210.JPG

I had a standoff with a deer at chimney rock. I was worried about the same thing, I don't know how aggressive deer are but I still remember that video of that guy getting hooved upside the head enough to wait for him to go on his merry way.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions