Raritan 911: Robocop

ekuhn

It's a victimless crime! Who loses/gets hurt in this situation? Who goes through heartbreak? Tug gets what he wants and Lady X gets some extra cash, which I'm sure she fully reports to Uncle Sam.

qclabrat

I hear there's also a bunch of extra action swingers bars popping up all over. Ashley Madison meet ups and all. Have others heard this as well?

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Place is still open but not sure if the service menu is the same. Sorry, Matty.

I guess you could make the argument that some of the girls are not there of their own free will and need to "earn" their freedom.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Always a problem when multiples involved. Someone will crack. That is life.

Last edited:

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The Frugal Shopper

This morning, after my pancakes, I got called by loss prevention to a local chain store for a shoplifter in custody.

I watched the surveillance tape. This chick stole $240 worth of clothing and perfume. She walked out of the store without paying where she was promptly stopped by store employees. I explain to her that since it's over $200, it's graded as a fourth degree crime instead of a disorderly persons offense.

After a few minutes of hard thinking, she tells me, "No no no I have a 20% off coupon in my purse, so this is still a disorderly persons offense."

I said, " Ma'am, you can't apply your coupon to stolen merchandise. "

She told me that didn't make any sense and was totally unfair.

I was actually speechless.

Last edited:

rlb

The Frugal Shopper

This morning, after my pancakes, I got called by loss prevention to a local chain store for a shoplifter in custody.

I watched the surveillance tape. This chick stole $240 worth of clothing and perfume. She walked out of the store without paying where she was promptly stopped by store employees. I explain to her that since it's over $200, it's graded as a fourth degree crime instead of a disorderly persons offense.

After a few minutes of hard thinking, she tells me, "No no no I have a 20% off coupon in my purse, so this is still a disorderly persons offense.

I said, " Ma'am, you can't apply your coupon to stolen merchandise. "

She told me that didn't make any sense and was totally unfair.

I was actually speechless.

They're always clever, but never smart!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
ab fab...
perhaps she can use it with the judge for 20% off the "punishment"

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's an awesome story!

But...just to show how much this is not a black & white case, consider how much the store would have charged her had she bought the merchandise?

Retail: $240
20% off: $48
Before tax: $192
7% tax: $13.44
Total: $205.44

So technically, she was trying to steal $192 from the store and $13.44 from the state of NJ. If she has a very good lawyer, I imagine she could manage to get that to stick. Probably not likely but I guess a good enough lawyer could swing it.

However, if I were the judge in this case, I would ask her if she left the 20% coupon.

Top Bottom