Willingboro bicyclist faces charges after being struck in Burlington City

mstyer

From the Burlington PD facebook page:

NEWS RELEASE/MOTOR VEHICLE vs BICYCLIST CRASH
August 22, 2015

On Wednesday, August 19, 2015, at approximately 8:50pm, the City of Burlington Police Department was dispatched to the area of Lincoln and Mott Avenues for a report of a vehicle that struck a bicyclist. The bicyclist, identified as Ruben Molina, Age 67, of Willingboro, was transported to Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton for non-life threatening injuries.

The driver of the vehicle was 50 year old female from Burlington City. She was not injured and not charged from the accident.

The bicyclist admitted he had been drinking alcoholic beverages prior to the accident occurring. He was issued a Motor Vehicle Summons for Failure to Keep Right, No Lights/Reflectors, and No Audible Device.

The City of Burlington Police Department urges any bicyclist who rides along the side of the roadway, especially during evening/night hours, to wear highly visible clothing and a bicycle helmet. Please also have equipment on your bicycle to include reflectors, an audible device, and lighting.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
39:4-11 Audible Signal. A bicycle must be equipped with a bell or other audible device that can be heard at least 100 feet away - NOT a siren or whistle.

And: 39:4-10 Lights on Bicycles. When in use at nighttime every bicycle shall be equipped with: 1) A front headlamp emitting a white light visible from a distance of at least 500 feet to the front; 2) A rear lamp emitting a red light visible from a distance of at least 500 feet to the rear; 3) In addition to the red lamp, a red reflector may be mounted on the rear.

There was a ticketing blitz for NY riders getting off the GW bridge coming into NJ a year or so for the lack of bells and reflectors.

-Steve

JoeLee

Just want to put out there that years ago I woke to a phone call telling me my best friend, co-worker and roommate was dead. He was killed by a car while riding his bike back from the bar. His fault.

Don't do it. Just have a DD or call a cab.

Top Bottom