New to mtbNJ, looking to branch out from my local trails

Ian1

Before I go back to school in NY at the end of the month, I want to try to explore some more of what NJ has to offer, particularly Sourlands, Allamunchy, and Jungle Habitat. From past experiences getting hopelessly lost when riding alone, I'm a little weary of heading to those trails for the first time by myself, so I'm hoping to find some people to ride with.

Ian1

Vassar. I'd say it's definitely worth looking at. There's even a single track trail on campus.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'd recommend funMonday at chimney rock (next monday of course)

if you have during the day/during the week available, i'd do a couple loops of sourlands with you.
(i'm old and slow, not in that order.) so be prepared.

Ian1

I'm pretty slow myself, so that's not a worry. I'd appreciate it if you'd ride sourlands with me, I'm available during the week pretty much any time.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm a weekend warrior, but would be happy to show you around any of the Allamuchy parks? North, Stephens, Deer Park, or any combination thereof.

Ian1

I didn't know there was more than one park. If you'll show me around, I'll try whatever trails you think are the best. I'm not in the best shape, but for reference, I can handle riding 10 miles at chimney rock without getting completely burnt out, and I can manage all the rocky/technical sections fairly well. I'm also pretty free on the weekends.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
PM Sent w/my cell. My suggestion would be Stephens, but I'm open to any of them.

roc

I know ring wood, jungle and allamuchy north. Ring wood and jungle I know very well, allamuchy north, I know well enough to get a very good ride in. I'm avail most Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday's for the rest of the summer.
Let me know if Thursday works.
I am old and slow, but I can show you around.
Take up Hammond on the Stephens ride, I did it several years ago with him and it was awesome.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Happy to give a tour of the Jungle. Ringwood orr Waway for that matter. Old and slow though. PM if you like.

Top Bottom