Some grooves in my carbon fork

rlb

This is on my supersix. They're not deep at all, but still concerned with how they got there and if its a problem? There's plenty of tire clearance, I don't recall any instances of rubbing either. Not sure how long this has been here, just happened to find it today while washing my bike. Curious to hear what the crowd thinks.

IMG_20150802_140848318.jpg

Looks like some loose stray asphalt bits got stuck to the tire and made a revolution or two before dislodging; not stress damage to me. You know the routine, have the shop give it the once-over. You could always clean it real good and put a piece of helicopter tape (frame saver) on that section to see if you can replicate it on the tape.

Buy a new bike.

This sounds like the best option.

Is this some kind of kinky upskirt photo?
I've never seen an up skirt picture online, let alone one of a hot bike

This is what happens when you take your road bike on the trail. Like unicorn....

Looks like some loose stray asphalt bits got stuck to the tire and made a revolution or two before dislodging; not stress damage to me. You know the routine, have the shop give it the once-over. You could always clean it real good and put a piece of helicopter tape (frame saver) on that section to see if you can replicate it on the tape.

That's likely it, I'll give it a closer look tonight. I think it's just superficial. I have some of that tape too, bought it for this bike and never used it...

Oh ok, after reading Juggernaut's post I now understand what that pic is. I stand by my original post but this is totally normal and I think would be odd not to see it there.

Good to know. This is my first carbon bike, so ya know. It's unfortunate I can't ride it in the winter.

I was thinking I could throw a pot of boiling water at it before a winter ride.

Back
Top Bottom