Someone is pulling rocks off the yellow trail again

stilluf

I didn't notice a lack of rocks but I was too busy trying not to endo most of the day today. Didn't expect as big a difference between 29/27.5 that I experienced today.
Did you go 29 --> 27.5 or vice versa? I went 26 -->29 end of last year, and single ring in front, and I've notice a huge difference in rock clearance. Will never go back!

njmark

Professional Cyclist
Did you go 29 --> 27.5 or vice versa? I went 26 -->29 end of last year, and single ring in front, and I've notice a huge difference in rock clearance. Will never go back!

29 to 27.5. I was accustomed to just rolling over everything and the first few times I hit something and got stopped short was unexpected. I don't have it set up tubeless yet and I probably have too much air I'm the tires, Bouncing around a lot.

qclabrat

someone has been messing with the orange switchbacks, thought originally it could have been drainage erosion, but from the bottom it was clear someone's rerouting to get some DH action

ended walking back up and closed off the rogue cut throughs with logs and branches, I still can't do these switchbacks but I like them regardless

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
someone has been messing with the orange switchbacks, thought originally it could have been drainage erosion, but from the bottom it was clear someone's rerouting to get some DH action

ended walking back up and closed off the rogue cut throughs with logs and branches, I still can't do these switchbacks but I like them regardless

Yeah, someone keeps trying to open that DH. Since those switchbacks were put in someone is adament about keeping the old line open. A small fortress is needed to keep that line closed.

Dingo

Yeah, someone keeps trying to open that DH. Since those switchbacks were put in someone is adament about keeping the old line open. A small fortress is needed to keep that line closed.
The old line was way better than those switchbacks. They are too tight/slow to have any fun.

Just sayin.... And NO, I'm not the dude trying to keep the old line open.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
The old line was way better than those switchbacks. They are too tight/slow to have any fun.

Just sayin.... And NO, I'm not the dude trying to keep the old line open.

Err, umm... What?

How is bombing down for like 2 seconds fun? Not a ton of switchbacks is this area, I think it adds to the park... But maybe it's just me. o_O

Dingo

Err, umm... What?

How is bombing down for like 2 seconds fun? Not a ton of switchbacks is this area, I think it adds to the park... But maybe it's just me. o_O
You like 'em ...I don't. The 29er I ride can hardly get around them due to being too tight.

Have you tried the switchback at Nassau? Nice and swoopy fast!

rlb

Not enough room there for big swoopy switchbacks, and the fall line trail that was replaced wasn't really sustainable.

Dingo

Not enough room there for big swoopy switchbacks, and the fall line trail that was replaced wasn't really sustainable.
Agree about the lack of room, That fall line has been there for at least 40yrs, before mtnb's it was dirtbikes. How is that not sustainable?

Mountain Bike Mike

I like the switchies... in both directions - adds to the tech and it's pretty impressive - being that I rode there only three times for the first time this year... RESPECT to the brains and elbow grease behind that work

EDIT - if anyone noticed more ricks missing, it may have been me.... In a couple more visits, I'll have that place as smooth as 6 mile

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
You like 'em ...I don't. The 29er I ride can hardly get around them due to being too tight.

Have you tried the switchback at Nassau? Nice and swoopy fast!

Like might be a strong word.... But I hear ya. Yes, Nassau's are more fun, but no where near as easy for me to get to.

rlb

Agree about the lack of room, That fall line has been there for at least 40yrs, before mtnb's it was dirtbikes. How is that not sustainable?

I dunno, just throwing buzzwords out there. That section needed to become gluten-free due to toxin buildup caused by vaccinations.

Did you ride that trail 40 years ago?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions