Gas powered bikes?

olegbabich

Good luck with your project. I'm currently looking to add an early 70's Yamaha 350 2 stroke road bike to my list of projects.

There is a 2 stroke show/swap meet coming up.
motorcycle-daze.jpg

olegbabich

Crazy Chit here, surfing on Dirt Bike.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Did some work last night swapping out the bars and putting on a replacement front fender. Got the fender of eBay for $12! It's from a '79 (mine is a '78) but fit like a glove.

My bike has a sad:

image.jpg

And now with the new bars and fender a happy:

image.jpg

Gotta get the fit right but can't do that until the seat and tank are back on the bike.

Painting this weekend (I hope).

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Mike that was mildly intense video haha.

I did a mock up to see if what I have going on in my head is gonna work with paint, and I think I settled on a paint idea. Here's pretty much what the bike is gonna look like, just with a half red half white tank. The bars look mucho better IMHO. The tank will be red on the bottom, white on top with white for the lettering. It's not gonna be a bright white, more of a tan white - like those tan/khaki army bikes. The red will be pretty similar to the roadie on the wall in the back. I'm gonna stripe the top of the rear fender the same red/white scheme as the tank and leave the sides chrome. Looking to be test riding by next weekend as long as I don't hit any hitches from here. I still think the black works on the side covers.

image.jpg

Mountain Bike Mike

Mike that was mildly intense video haha.

I did a mock up to see if what I have going on in my head is gonna work with paint, and I think I settled on a paint idea. Here's pretty much what the bike is gonna look like, just with a half red half white tank. The bars look mucho better IMHO. The tank will be red on the bottom, white on top with white for the lettering. It's not gonna be a bright white, more of a tan white - like those tan/khaki army bikes. The red will be pretty similar to the roadie on the wall in the back. I'm gonna stripe the top of the rear fender the same red/white scheme as the tank and leave the sides chrome. Looking to be test riding by next weekend as long as I don't hit any hitches from here. I still think the black works on the side covers.

View attachment 24941

Overtime, If I owned it, I would consider these mods:

- Swap out the gauges with Round Pods instead of the current block
- Bigger headlight
- Remove the rear grab bar
- Remove the air box and replace it with K&N cones
- Swap out the pipe for a flat black 4 into 1 header
- Maybe some smaller blinkers

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Overtime, If I owned it, I would consider these mods:

- Swap out the gauges with Round Pods instead of the current block
- Bigger headlight
- Remove the rear grab bar
- Remove the air box and replace it with K&N cones
- Swap out the pipe for a flat black 4 into 1 header
- Maybe some smaller blinkers

good points. i want round gauges. was actually thinking of taking what is on there and modding it myself. coffee can style.

the headlight has been an issue. the electric is all 6v, and the bike only has a rectifier, so essentially, the headlight is where all the overflow goes to avoid the battery from being cooked when the bike is at top range. truly a skeleton electrical set up. i looked into 6v LED replacements and they are hard to find. everything is 12v. so i may do a 6v mod to something i can pick up off bikebandit. it definitely needs to be replaced to something brighter.

the grab bar is funky - i need some spacers for the shocks then. i didn't want to play with it just yet. not until its rolling.

pipes are too much cash, but in a perfect world it would be nice - and yeah, the blinkers suck. again its the 6v issue. trying to find something that works. i am thinking of cutting them down to something much smaller. use the what's left of the coffee can sorta thing.

olegbabich

I wanted to pick up a old bike for a project to restore or Café.

Found and put deposit on something else. As they say it was too good to pass. Making a 9hrs round trip to Vermont tomorrow to check it out and bring it home. Stay tuned.

Top Bottom