Northern Adirondacks XC

mbruno

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone do any riding in the northern Adirondacks? Looking for some cross-country type trails near Vermontville, NY, where we're vacationing next week. Thanks!

moose river recreation area? (see black fly challenge) just poking it with a stick.
i take the roadie up there..

Black fly is run on some gravel backroads so there is that for a little off pavement fun. There is some stuff right around the old forge area(McCauley Mtn). They say there's abundant trails but a lot of them are just overgrown snowmobile trails. So there is stuff to explore I just wouldn't say it's a destination for mountain biking. I usually bring the roadie or cross bike and enjoy the backroads.

how far north? theres a pretty extensive singeltrack system in the lake placid/wilmington area

Wish I saw this one earlier. Was in the ADK last week for 4 days. Was cold & been raining there most of the time. Was looking for something other than the usual (Santanoni Preserve, etc.) around Long Lake. Ended driving around Tupper Lake, Lake Saranac, & Lake Placid. Was looking for the Brewster Peninsula trail but due to poor intel I ended up doing the run around of the area. There was that IronMan competition that was going to take place in Lake Placid & the place was packed. I did stumble on that Jack Rabbit trail but it was all soggy due to too much precip.

Back
Top Bottom