6 Mile Run Conditions

Robin

Great to see @jdog out there yesterday. More bumps on the red/blue intersection! And my campers were excited to see how trails get built.

11751751_10153393606466206_5240178932792358957_n.jpg

Dingo

Awesome conditions today. Still a huge mud puddle watering hole Canal rd (?). Nice re-route with the tree on blue.

Lots of riders, packs of 10, even 15, we had 8. Well started with 8..... It was like the mall at Christmas.

Does the six mile tan wash off? I can still see tan lines after the shower. There was enough clay going down the drain to make pottery.

Oh, noticed some strange odors, must be the warehouse fire still stinking. UGH

Last edited:

stilluf

Conditions were great yesterday, but yeah that nasty mud puddle on Red at Canal Rd was funny after a totally dry ride. Oh and anyone else see the dude riding w/o a helmet with a speaker cranking Top 40? Had to laugh at that!!

Ian F

We just got dumped on in Somerset. Looking at the radar, 6MR looks like it was grazed as well. I'll be parked in the D&R lot in a few minutes and will post an update.

Edit: raining pretty good here, although not as bad as in Somerset. Best to avoid until tomorrow.

Last edited:

Kev

We just got dumped on in Somerset. Looking at the radar, 6MR looks like it was grazed as well. I'll be parked in the D&R lot in a few minutes and will post an update.

Edit: raining pretty good here, although not as bad as in Somerset. Best to avoid until tomorrow.

Can Six Mile really drain overnight?

Ian F

Probably not. After I posted, it REALLY started to pour. I waited another 10 min or so and then went home and rode there (here). I'm thinking Wednesday at least.

Not a bloody drop in Croydon...

Ian F

Yep... been pouring off/on up the road here in Somerset. :(

I wonder if one of those old Hannebrink "balloon tire" bikes would be OK. :rolleyes:

ADoug

The Canal side was dusty - almost too dusty. There were a few puddles in the typical spots - along the stream at the steel bridge, at Canal Road, and near the TTF right near Blackwells Mills.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
Dry and dusty except for the usual 5 or 6 mudholes (roll up to the suspension bridge on blue, near the concrete bridge, near the notched and cut through lig on orange and end of red).

Bring pruning shears! I forgot mine today because im forgetful. Parts of blue along the field are super overgrown. If you have an extra 10 minutes to spare, put in some landscaping time for the greater good.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dry and dusty except for the usual 5 or 6 mudholes (roll up to the suspension bridge on blue, near the concrete bridge, near the notched and cut through lig on orange and end of red).

Bring pruning shears! I forgot mine today because im forgetful. Parts of blue along the field are super overgrown. If you have an extra 10 minutes to spare, put in some landscaping time for the greater good.

Yes, i agree. Riding early, with a low sun, and all the vegetation is somewhat sketchy.

Really perfect conditions otherwise

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
we got hit with some t-storms last night. it was pretty dry yesterday morning so i have a feeling it will dry out quick, but if you're planning a lunch loop i dunno if it would be ready just yet.

rick81721

Lothar
^ De-stravaed Dave on another stealth ride! Gonna hit it after work - is that tree movable? I don't worry about poison ivy

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
^ De-stravaed Dave on another stealth ride! Gonna hit it after work - is that tree movable? I don't worry about poison ivy

i think your guns could get it outta the way. i was going to get to it either tonight or tomorrow morning with the folding saw.

rick81721

Lothar
i think your guns could get it outta the way. i was going to get to it either tonight or tomorrow morning with the folding saw.

Dave you gave my guns too much credit - couldn't move that fricken thing. And it's in a bad spot, coming down a curve I didn't see it coming and skidded right into it.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions