2015 Tour de France Thread

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Great stage and was hoping to see Quintana take the stage win but kudos to Pinot.

Does anyone else thinks it is funny that NBC interviews garriant Thomas instead of Froome? Considering Froome blocks everyone I Twitter, I assume he blocks the Media as well?

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Quintana lost 1:38 to Froome getting caught out in the winds on the 2nd stage. He's 1:12 behind Froome as of today's brilliant effort. AAAAAAAAAARGH! Effing crosswinds!

Dingo

I missed today's alp, had a ride in the AM. Got back around 2'ish, turn on NBCsh no tour or recap. Oh "it will be on at 8:00 tonite" WRONG

NBCSH go F yourselves, worst network coverage of the tour ever. Not interested in red neck Nascar re-runs.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I missed today's alp, had a ride in the AM. Got back around 2'ish, turn on NBCsh no tour or recap. Oh "it will be on at 8:00 tonite" WRONG

NBCSH go F yourselves, worst network coverage of the tour ever. Not interested in red neck Nascar re-runs.
giphy.gif

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
So here we are, into Paris already. Can Greipel finally get a win on the Champs? Sagan finally get a win in general? It is always nice for the green jersey to win on the Champs but given that it is a drag race style finish, I am thinking he will be denied. If cav can freestyle onto greipels wheel, maybe him but I would have to say the gorilla.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just watched La Course. The Champs Elysees are SOAKED right now. Greasy crash-fast. If it stays wet, this could be a day for folks who can handle their bikes. Sagan. (Silly, I know. Greipel's the right choice.)

Blair

The rerun was at 8am this morning

qclabrat

where do you die hards rate this one from the last 10 years?
first I've seen is in over 10 and found it entertaining at times
early stages were fascinating, middle was hit or miss and the end was great with Quintana's heroics, though too late
I now have a new rooting interest in this Colombian rider

Roadie

where do you die hards rate this one from the last 10 years?
first I've seen is in over 10 and found it entertaining at times
early stages were fascinating, middle was hit or miss and the end was great with Quintana's heroics, though too late
I now have a new rooting interest in this Colombian rider
I think it was probably the most entertaining TdF in the past 5 years or so

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I loved it. Almost as good as '11. I think the brevity of the last two mountain stages was a mistake, as it didn't allow enough time for a real attack, but that's just me looking for more of a runway for Air Quintana to fly.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I love the "Classics" elements the organizers have been adding (re-introducing) the last few years.

I love the carnage it produces even though it backfired last year with the GC. But, I'd take that over flat "safe" early stages any day.

I am getting a little worried that with all the bad behavior the crowds ( well some in the crowd) have demonstrated recently, they may restrict access (or cut it out entirely) on the mountain stages.

It's only a matter of time before someone gets stabbed or injected with something.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I love the "Classics" elements the organizers have been adding (re-introducing) the last few years.

I love the carnage it produces even though it backfired last year with the GC. But, I'd take that over flat "safe" early stages any day.

I am getting a little worried that with all the bad behavior the crowds ( well some in the crowd) have demonstrated recently, they may restrict access (or cut it out entirely) on the mountain stages.

It's only a matter of time before someone gets stabbed or injected with something.
Froome himself said that the behavior of the crowds was blown out of proportion by the media.

For me it was a good tour to watch. The first week was great and the Alps did not disappoint. Lots of different story lines to watch and was very happy that Valverde finally made it onto the podium. My favorite stages wins were Matin's Stybar's, Nibali's, Pinot's and Cav's win to put him in 3rd most stage wins of all time even though he is past his prime. Kwiatkowski was super impressvie on multiple occasions and Sagan's consistency is crazy even though he can't win a stage.

Now a few weeks until the Vuelta and then worlds in the US!

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Merckx was popped for Reactivan in '69 at the Giro d'Italia. Mind you that was right after he turned down a bribe from an Italian competitor to throw the GC. Hmm. Gimondi won that one. So, yes.

Top Bottom