girl on a fat bike

huffster

White trail at ringwood is TOTALLY kid friendly
In case you are not familiar with Ringwood...I believe this was said in jest.

we ride these parks with our campers:

Allaire
6-Mile
Patriots Path/Lewis Morris
Deer Park
Stewart
Clayton
Noxamixon (PA)
Jacobsburg (PA)

At Stewart you can park at South Barron Rd parking on Route 208. This will allow for a level exit/entry. Ridge Rd parking is also pretty level. Weed Rd parking requires a climb out, which is no big deal for us, but a torture fest for a new rider who will have that as their last memory of the ride. If you go with South Barron there are some nice flat trails down that way. Although not shown on the "Stewards of Stewart" map, they are shown on Google Maps and these are some pretty smooth and level trails. Google maps shows them as "Ant Hill Trail". There are a couple pretty ponds and of course the "coolness" of seeing a zillion giant anthills. There are also several points of access, so you can add a little more single track as desired or just take to the smoother/leveler gravel road as needed.

Also, pack a picnic lunch. I do this when I take my kids / nieces / nephews on hikes. Its a good break and recharge...usually at a scenic spot that they have to earn.

On the note of hiking, it is possible that your daughter might like that better and is (in my mind) the next closest thing...getting out in the woods on foot!

jumpa

No kids yet. After reading this I can only hope if I have a girl she showes interest and rides as much as my gf (@kichibot ) does. This thread sounds stressful ..

qclabrat

In case you are not familiar with Ringwood...I believe this was said in jest.

At Stewart you can park at South Barron Rd parking on Route 208. This will allow for a level exit/entry. Ridge Rd parking is also pretty level. Weed Rd parking requires a climb out, which is no big deal for us, but a torture fest for a new rider who will have that as their last memory of the ride. If you go with South Barron there are some nice flat trails down that way. Although not shown on the "Stewards of Stewart" map, they are shown on Google Maps and these are some pretty smooth and level trails. Google maps shows them as "Ant Hill Trail". There are a couple pretty ponds and of course the "coolness" of seeing a zillion giant anthills. There are also several points of access, so you can add a little more single track as desired or just take to the smoother/leveler gravel road as needed.

Also, pack a picnic lunch. I do this when I take my kids / nieces / nephews on hikes. Its a good break and recharge...usually at a scenic spot that they have to earn.

On the note of hiking, it is possible that your daughter might like that better and is (in my mind) the next closest thing...getting out in the woods on foot!

thanks, I don't get out of the hood much, so didn't know (lesson learned, don't listen to @sarcaro:mad:)

kid's are okay hiking but not with just me, when other peers are around seems more likely

ryderX

Don't overlook the lower sections of Stephens SP or KVSP. My 12yr old son has just a passing interest in riding but he does love the lake loop and the Maze at Stepehens.

dawn shmawn

Hi, I'm 5'5" woman and ride a 16" Motobecane Lurch and love it. I'm on the smaller range for this size so I use a very short stem. Feels great. Should be ok for a rider up to 5'7". Good luck. Hope she loves it.

P.s. I may be selling my bike to build up a new fat bike if you are interested.

giff06

Lurch is a great , fun fat bike. It is somewhat heavy IMHO. That being said I love mine!

Matt_

I Get Jokes

I may be... going to need a new bike for my wife next Spring. But won't be in the market till she goes back to work in January... sooooo if its still around at that time, think of me please :)

qclabrat

Finally got around to talking bikes with my daughter at Crankworx, she's definitely not digging fats and thinks they look goofy. Going to the demo area tomorrow so she'll have over 100 different bikes to choose from. Funny, even with all these super cool and "hot" chicks killing the DH here in Whistler, the girls still seem disinterested in mtb. Guess there' s no need to look very hard for her next bike.

SmooveP

Hi, I'm 5'5" woman and ride a 16" Motobecane Lurch and love it. I'm on the smaller range for this size so I use a very short stem. Feels great. Should be ok for a rider up to 5'7". Good luck. Hope she loves it.

Ooooh. Whatcha gonna get? (Hey, Dawn. It's Pat, the guy with the Ti fatbike. We met at Allaire.)

Top Bottom