Southern VT/NH trail network recommendations?

Berms&Boofs

Does anyone have any recommendations for excellent trail networks (DH or CC) in southern NH or VT. We are currently planning a week trip with the plans to head to Kingdom/Burke - > Millstone -> Highland -> and then ???. Any recommendations on southern VT/NH trails would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

------
I have also included a list below of VT parks we have visited if this helps anyone else plan a VT trip (always worth the drive :) )

*** - Favorites so far.. highly recommended and worth the drive from NJ
Kingdom Trails / Burke DH
Millstone

** Other excellent parks…worth a trip if combining with others.
STAB
Rutland - Pine Hill Park
Waterbury – Perry Hill
Stowe - Cady Hill /Trapp
Sugarbush DH
Killington DH
Pittsfield - Green Mountain Trails

* Other smaller noteworthy trail networks…would go back if in the area.
Norwitch University – Downhill flow trail
Blueberry Lake

On the to do list:
Highland (NH)
Mad river trails
Mt Snow
Moosalamoo

Millstone for sure. So much to ride there.
Pine Hill is excellent if you're passing through Rutland. Small, but the bridges, features and twisty trails make it worthwhile
Pittsfield/GMT. Yes if you like steady climbing, great views and a rush on the way down.
Moosalamoo: Have not been but close friends have and they love it. We'll be going there next month.
Enjoy.

you have down most of the better ones. also FOTW on the other side of the ridge is worth it(like 3 areas) if you can find it ;) the area south of stowe to the resevoir to waterbury is MASSIVE...easily a hundred miles of craziness in there. Mad river trails are polar opposite of blueberry lake, ledgy rocky rooty twisty nasty new england singletrack at its best. cyclone to revolution has to be one of the best sections of trail in the east. ride right across the street to lareau and jump in headfirst!

Thanks for the input! I completely overlooked FOTW. I am now thinking of camping in Waterbury for a few days as a center for Millstone, FOTW and Mad river trails (+Waterbury, Stowe, and Subarbush as alternates).

I see that Cyclone/Revolution ends at American Flatbread. That sounds like an awesome ride, swim, and meal with Lawson's on tap :)

Back
Top Bottom