Mercer County Park Conditions

TAS

It was beyond decent..... it's PERFECT.... I didn't ride blue north of the power lines.. Thats probably still a bit wet

TAS

markd

Rode to the boathouse and the dam today - perfect conditions, no mud, sunshine and a nice breeze. Boy, it would be nice if it were like this 12 months out of the year!
Mercer at it's best...

markd

Rode this afternoon to the boathouse and west side sans the dam area. Perfect conditions. Great time to ride before the thorns, etc. pop up all over.

Scott

I went out Sunday 4/26 and rode most of the main trails (about 14 mile ride) and the trails are in great shape. Though I think the thorns already "popped-up" as you put it MARKD... my cohort got 3 flats with 6 thorns.

markd

Rode the blue trail out to the boathouse and the backtrail to the east parking lot. Two trees down - one is about 100 feet before the fire road, and the other is a bit past that, but I don't remember specifically. The second one is very large - a "throw your bike over" size trunk.

Also rode the westside to the dam - there's a tree down just as the trail parallels with the creek.

Conditions are amazing, but the brush is creeping in on the narrower trails, especially on the back blue trail. GET OUT AND RIDE!!

Biker Dude

I was out at Mercer yesterday and, like he said above, perfect conditions. Both sides were fast and fun. Whoever got rid of all the prickers / thorns, thank you cause it is awesome now. I don't think there was one thorn bush on the trail. What a difference.

Mountain Bike Mike

That place was packed yesterday... Could barely find a parking spot in the Marina and West Picnic parking lots. It is a holiday weekend and it was hopp'n..

TAS

Rode the entire park yesterday. Excellent trail conditions including Blue north of the power lines! Cleared several small downed trees in Van Nest section. Trails west of the west picnic area to Van Nest definitely need a haircut... Spring growth is underway. Get out there ...Have a great ride

cyclesick

I'm hoping to head over to Mercer on Friday the 10th. It will be my first time at Mercer since last June. I'd like to ride the entire trail. Does any one know if the trail on the other side of the boat house is accessible? I know that it is often times too wet to ride. Has anyone tried it lately? Also, what kind of condition is the Holy Grail in? Since this will be my first ride since I had a heart attack,(at Mercer), on June 22nd of last year, I'd like it to be the entire trail if possible.

Thanks

markd

I'm planning on doing Mercer tomorrow including north of the boat house (new forks need to be tested out on all those roots!). I'll post tomorrow if I get there...

Biker Dude

I rode Mercer yesterday (7/5/15) and all sides of the park were awesome. There were a few wet spots throughout but nothing that would hold you back. Everything was pretty excellent. Enjoy the park.

cyclesick

I rode Mercer yesterday (7/5/15) and all sides of the park were awesome. There were a few wet spots throughout but nothing that would hold you back. Everything was pretty excellent. Enjoy the park.

Thanks for the feed back! The specific part of the trail I'm most interested in is the section on the far side of the boathouse. I know that the entrance to that section is often too wet to allow access to the interior part of that trail. Can you tell me anything about that section?

Thanks

Biker Dude

Although I can't tell you about every single inch of the trail, we did go all the way to the boat house, close to the water on the way there and away from the water on the way back. All was good except for the occasional wet spot. With more drying today, there should be no issues anywhere.

cyclesick

Although I can't tell you about every single inch of the trail, we did go all the way to the boat house, close to the water on the way there and away from the water on the way back. All was good except for the occasional wet spot. With more drying today, there should be no issues anywhere.

Thanks again for the prompt reply. I apologize if I my last response sounded a little demanding. I did not mean to come off that way. I was simply trying to determine if you understood the specific section of trail I was asking about. It seems from your reply that you do not. Due to the fact that the entrance to that portion of trail cuts through wet lands, it is only accessible a few short times each year. For this reason, even people that know of it seem to often forget that it is there. It's not really a big deal. I'll find out what condition it is in when I get there on Friday. Thanks again for your help.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions