Halters Cycles 31/31 Contest. July 2015 $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian F

Day 2: https://www.strava.com/activities/337886001

6 Mile was a little muddier than I was hoping it would be, but I had a blast anyway. My actual on-bike time was over 2 hrs as I stopped to talk to people a few times. I took my Carbine out since I'm doing a ride on it tomorrow and I hadn't ridden it since the Blue Mtn Enduro a few weeks ago. Some ways slower and in some ways sooo much more fun than the 29er HT. I hit all of those jumps on Red near the Blue split including that left-side hip-double for the first time. I was tempted to turn around and do them again, but it was starting to get dark, hence why I skipped White - which turned out to be a good idea anyway since it started raining while I was changing in the lot...

Planning a 3 hr ride at the Shed down in Frederick, MD tomorrow with XXL teammates, so I'm hoping I didn't burn myself out.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Needed a mental health ride this morning. So did some riding, visited a friend, rode some more. I named todays ride "life sucks and then you ride and it still sucks but at least you can smile about it" or something similar. I did an hour and 45 mins or so, my goal is try to do at least 5 hours today. Just to see if I can, and to work off that extra egg and cheese I ate after my mental health ride. Rather than prescribe drugs, doctors should just hand out bikes.

Here's a picture of the mommy mallard I mentioned and a few babies. Barry took this yesterday with a shoe.

Attachments

• IMG_0167.JPG
    IMG_0167.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 101

rlb

saw some kids with truck tubes heading for the river - tried to get a pic, but the minor in bikini block was on

Probably for the better! Wife and I were in Asbury Park yesterday and I was taking some pics on the boardwalk. The whole time, in the back of my head was "I hope nobody thinks I'm trying to take creepers of their kids". It's fubared that this shit does go on, but it's also sad how we're so hesitant about doing something innocent because we all tend to see the worst in each other in a given situation.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
This is my favorite thread ever. In the entire universe. Like a combined micro-blog. I love reading the brief recaps of everyone's rides and the photos are awesome. Keep that shit up.

rlb

Day 3 Loads of fresh tarmac (said in a British accent)

Original plan was a little longer with some meandering, but I got a late start. Had to make it to 11:30 breakfast so I went with a tried and trusted route. I was pleasantly surprised to find a bunch of freshly paved roads (all of which really need it). Wish they would do Gilbride from CR Rd to the bridge at the pump station. One can hope! Stopped for a few pics along the way:

Raritan River, which smelled pleasantly of dead deer

IMG_20150703_093242.jpg

One of my favorite views along Burnt Mill Rd

IMG_20150703_095709.jpg

Some timely history

IMG_20150703_105003036.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
well, i thought i was going faster than i was.....cause it hurt. limped home after not eating
more than a couple scoops of yogurt - more on this morning's escapades over in my thread...

https://www.strava.com/activities/338307412/overview

Julie putting a gap on me - fantastic out there today......along the earth damn at Round Valley...

IMG_3233.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom