Chimney Rock Conditions

I Ride Bikes

Rode the whole park tonight. It poured at my house less than a mile away about 730 but it didn't rain at the park. Blue is wet as usual with some puddles throughout the rest of the park. I give it a 3.

Kangdoy

Thinking of heading out there tomorrow morning. Hopefully these spotty thunderstorms won't ruin the conditions...?

Last edited:

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thinking of heading out there tomorrow morning. Hopefully these spotty thunderstorms won't the conditions...?
You should be fine unless it pours again today. There will be a few wet spots but highly doubtful you'll do any damage.

woody

Mad props to last week's trimming crew; Yellow and Ballfield are in great shape!
#thankyoumuch

@Kirt, 1 new treefall to report to ranger Chris: near the top of high tech vosseller, completely blocking trail, with major poison ivy vines.
20150727_184652.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Man that tree is a mess @woody. Went there today with some explosives but it turns out that this is 3 trees on top of each other. How the hell did this happen? They fell from both sides and landed in the middle?

MMuller

Conditions were great! A bit warmish, car said 94 but humidity seemed low. Had to avoid the poison ivy tree but other than that everything was really nice.

stilluf

Rode this morning and conditions were just great. though trails in some spots could use a little moisture (I'm looking at you guard rail climb!). Rode lower red to orange to ball fields to white and a red loop. Fantastic ride.

Clapper

Just so you know, new fencing along Chimney Rock Rd. on the reservoir side has closed off access to Gilbride Rd.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just so you know, new fencing along Chimney Rock Rd. on the reservoir side has closed off access to Gilbride Rd.

You talking about that Gilbride trail that goes behind the Ballfield parking lot and down to the big wooden bridge? Last time I was there (Friday) it had been torn down and free to ride.

Clapper

You talking about that Gilbride trail that goes behind the Ballfield parking lot and down to the big wooden bridge? Last time I was there (Friday) it had been torn down and free to ride.
You know the small opening that we use to cross CR Road over to Gilbride to access the trail you just mentioned? That has been closed off with permanent fencing.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You know the small opening that we use to cross CR Road over to Gilbride to access the trail you just mentioned? That has been closed off with permanent fencing.

Ah ok, well that sucks. Sounds like a job for the bolt cutters!

Not sure why they would put a door in the fence if it wasn't meant to be used.

Clapper

Ah ok, well that sucks. Sounds like a job for the bolt cutters!

Not sure why they would put a door in the fence if it wasn't meant to be used.
They took the doorway out and replaced it with wall to wall fencing.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions