What beer are you drinking RIGHT NOW?

Kaleidopete

Franziskaner Weissbier. Could it have been a 20 ounce glass? It was big and good, along with pizza and salad at Kinchley’s Tavern on Franklin Turnpike in Ramsey, NJ

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Franziskaner Weissbier. Could it have been a 20 ounce glass? It was big and good, along with pizza and salad at Kinchley’s Tavern on Franklin Turnpike in Ramsey, NJ
Had this last night. Love that one-
Tried it yet @rick81721 ?

Crosspost:
photo1_zps90edd0ce.jpg

Kaleidopete

Car show tonight at Pennings Beer Garden. I had a Westtown- Pennings Pale Ale. Tasted like medicine on the first gulp, after that it was fine. I asked "how big a glass will I get". Bartender said "all depends what beer you order". Over 8% you get a 12 oz glass for $8, under 8% gets you 16 oz for 6$. State law they say. Crap! that's a new one on me! (New York State)

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I need to visit @soundz one of these days for Korean BBQ and Kelso's. Those simatra do not taste as abv suggest. I have been a good boy to break the daily habbit but damn weekends take forever to beerblissfulness...

ADoug

I've got a real affinity for German beers and this one is no exception:
zDwEV86.jpg

Last edited:

rlb

How's the beer? 3 miles from home.

It's really good, Jay's been brewing at home for a while, so he's got it down. They're serving the first few batches from the official brewery setup now. I was mistaken, it's not actually a brewpub, it's a tasting room for the brewery. Not sure what the real difference is but though I'd throw that out there. Also not sure what the hours are, but I'd swing by if you have some time and check it out.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Awesome about a local brewery, and good luck to your friend.
Feels like the scene is blowing up in nj right now, had 3 solid breweries open up within 30 minutes of us in the past 2 months.

horray.jpg
My little town has 3 opening in this year right on main street. One of them was the brew master at Kane who now went solo...

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@jackx manskirt brewery is starting out with a lager. The old Ford dealer ship is ahead of him with tanks and canning equipment and should be brewing by fall. That is the Kane dude who said he is gonna do seasonal ipas and Belgium's.

Top Bottom