Trails Along Route 87 Corridor Going North

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm traveling North next week from NJ to VT and want to get an idea of what trails are available on the Route 87 corridor. I am looking for something good North of Stewart State Forest and South of Lake George. The ones I know of are:

Jockey Hill
Onteora
North / South Lake

The only trail I've ridden is Jockey Hill. Suggestions?

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lippman or whatever is up yonder. Not a huge fan myself but a lot of other people like it.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
there is something in saratoga - somewhere on here there is a 'join the group, get the map' - too drunk to look it up.....

greeek32

Shaupeneak Ridge. It's totaly dope. 15min off the thruway at new paltz. park at the lower lot so you get the dope DH run at the end of your ride (if you can clean the climb all the way up you = beast). Should be able to ride everything there in about 2 hrs. You could stop on your way, ride, and then finish driving.

http://www.scenichudson.org/parks/shaupeneakridge

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
@soundz, +11 on Daniels Road. Try to get over to the northern most trails first (Upper Canyon, Backstretch, etc) then work your way back. There's also another gem that's not on the map (neither the current one, nor the old one) that the locals call Shoots and Ladders. Super tech, Roly-Poly like section. I manually inserted a couple of things for you on their current map: Where to Park, and the location of Shoots and Ladders. The squiggly line isn't exact, but you'll at least know where the trail starts and ends. I recommend riding it west to east.

I am going to be up in Lake George/Bolton Landing from next Monday (7/6) to Friday. If that coincides with your plans and you want a guided tour, PM me before you head up north and we'll see if we can connect.

Have fun!

Saratoga%202015_zpsd5zt6ee2.jpg

Last edited:

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am going to be up in Lake George/Bolton Landing from next Monday (7/6) to Friday. If that coincides with your plans and you want a guided tour, PM me before you head up north and we'll see if we can connect.

It's going to be July 5th for us, so looks like we'll just miss you.

thegock

The SMBA trails north of Skidmore College are rated as the 4th best in NY State, The map below will do, and they don't really ship theirs too quickly. Icebiker gave you the perfect place to park at the intersection of Clinton and Daniels. There are about 10 spots north of Daniels that fill up quickly.

There are more than 25 miles of trail there, but I don't know how much exactly. Best if you carve out enough time (three hours?)to get to the northernmost trails like Upper Canyon and the Rookery, which are more technical. Here To There has a pump track feature with baby heads in it.

Try to hit Bee on the way out or back. It is one of the old, original trails and pretty teck. Leave time for dinner in Saratoga Springs, because it has some of the best restaurants upstate. YOLO

There isn't anything up there to compare with the SMBA trails. You will have a blast.

@soundz, +11 on Daniels Road. Try to get over to the northern most trails first (Upper Canyon, Backstretch, etc) then work your way back. There's also another gem that's not on the map (neither the current one, nor the old one) that the locals call Shoots and Ladders. Super tech, Roly-Poly like section. I manually inserted a couple of things for you on their current map: Where to Park, and the location of Shoots and Ladders. The squiggly line isn't exact, but you'll at least know where the trail starts and ends. I recommend riding it west to east.

Have fun!

Saratoga%202015_zpsd5zt6ee2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom