Suggestions/Recommendations For Wheel Upgrade...?

Kangdoy

Hey everyone! I've got the 2014 Trek Fuel EX 7, 29er and was looking to get a wheel upgrade. The stock wheels on there are the Bontrager Duster wheels. Any suggestions on something better? Looking for something light weight, but sturdy/solid. I mainly ride Six Mile and Chimney rock, so I guess looking for something that'll make increase my speed on flats and hills and strong enough to take on the rocks/roots. Thanks!

SWAR_Arch_EX_Rear_Center.jpg

http://www.notubes.com/ZTR-Arch-EX-C166.aspx

The only thing that will increase your speed is your legs pedalling your bike faster. But these wheels are probably lighter then the dusters and still solid performers on the trails.

Nice bike! Additional details would be helpful such as:
- budget $$
- rider weight
- preference for pre-built or custom built (although this probably goes back to budget).

Also, if you know the weight of the Bontrager Duster wheels so people know what your current wheels weigh compared to some recommendations they might make.

Nice bike! Additional details would be helpful such as:
- budget $$
- rider weight
- preference for pre-built or custom built (although this probably goes back to budget).

Also, if you know the weight of the Bontrager Duster wheels so people know what your current wheels weigh compared to some recommendations they might make.

-Budget would like to be a little less than a grand each wheel.
-I weigh about 150 lbs.
-I guess pre-built would be my preference.

Not sure how much the Duster wheels weigh. I couldn't find anything on Google.

Try enduroworx.com , it's a local company that builds superior carbon wheels . I have been trying to destroy the 2 sets I have for over a year now and they are still perfect . They even have a no questions asked replacement policy for 150 bucks . I'm not sure if any other places offer that

Try enduroworx.com , it's a local company that builds superior carbon wheels . I have been trying to destroy the 2 sets I have for over a year now and they are still perfect . They even have a no questions asked replacement policy for 150 bucks . I'm not sure if any other places offer that

Nice. I may go with these guys. Nothing better than buying local. Thanks!

Try enduroworx.com , it's a local company that builds superior carbon wheels .

Do you have the All Mountain or the XC/AM wheels? I've been looking at these for a while and am thinking about the lighter set, but I mostly do AM riding on the bike these are for. Rocky north Jersey trails, but no big drops or anything too crazy.

Do you have the All Mountain or the XC/AM wheels? I've been looking at these for a while and am thinking about the lighter set, but I mostly do AM riding on the bike these are for. Rocky north Jersey trails, but no big drops or anything too crazy.
All mountain & fat bike wheels , ask for pete tell him rich sent you

I have the roval carbon wheelset by specialized, it comes with dt swiss hubs for around 1600 bucks for both wheels... I'm close to 200# and can't even tell you how many times I crashed with them, Jim Vreeland looked them over last week and still true, so would definitely recommend and I'm sure Jim can get you some pretty quickly

Back
Top Bottom