Kuat NV 2-bike rack

SpartaBard

If you take a look at this rack, it looks awesome. Here is a pic from the Kuat website.

n105-a-armsup.png

However, after one year mine looks like this:

IMG_7463.JPG IMG_7464.JPG IMG_7462.JPG IMG_7465.JPG

I have used this rack pretty hard through cx season and the winter with all the salt and everything. I was a bit upset about how it looked, but it still functioned well... until last week when one of the ratchet arms stopped ratcheting. I filled out the warranty form on their website added a pic and I received an email from a rep within an hour of their offices opening for the day. I replied with a few more pics and he is replacing all the parts that are corroded or broken. Basically, he said there was a bad batch involving the chrome which is why it is all deteriorated.

I love the rack, it looked awesome when it was new. I was upset with how it degraded, but the great news is that they are going to warranty (they have a lifetime warranty) the rack for me since it is a defect. Amazing customer service by this company.

jackx

Sorry to hear that you received defective parts, but Great news that they are replacing the parts under warranty. I can imagine that the rack must get covered in a salty mix throughout the winter.

I currently use a roof rack so it does not get nearly as much salt on it. I may need a new rack in a few years so I will be interested to hear how your new i.e. non-defective chrome parts survive the next similarly briney winter conditions.

SpartaBard

Sorry to hear that you received defective parts, but Great news that they are replacing the parts under warranty. I can imagine that the rack must get covered in a salty mix throughout the winter.

I currently use a roof rack so it does not get nearly as much salt on it. I may need a new rack in a few years so I will be interested to hear how your new i.e. non-defective chrome parts survive the next similarly briney winter conditions.

I love the rack, and am happy with the function of it. I will update this one year from now. I sincerely hope that it was just a defective batch.

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Mine is the grey painted version...It has lived on the back of my car outside now for 2 years and 3 months and some of the paint is coming off, but in general it still looks pretty good.

With regards to the arms...dont fill out any paper work...just call them. Twice I have called when the arm mechanism was getting sticky and they sent me a new set with nothing more than me telling them my address. Took 2min on the phone and they set me new locks. Their customer service has been ridiculously awesome with me.

jackx

great endorsements of the Kuat Customer Service! Good to hear positive and not negative reviews.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If it was a Yakima or Thule it would look worse and give you Tetanus if it scratched you.

Top Bottom