JORBA thanks YOU!!

Frank

Sasquatch
Hi all,
Over the last month or so, membership has kept me quite busy and I want to thank you all for that. More recently @Norm posted a great little video on how easy it is to join/renew....he gets mucho karma points for that. So......if you joined and ordered a large t-shirt, your packet will be delayed slightly as I ran out. Good news is that I ordered them 3 weeks ago and they should be ready soon....I hope. So again, thank you all for your support, whether it be financial, on the trail, or both!!!!

Frank,
Just an idea; it would be cool for JORBA to offer a "Jr. JORBA" membership for kids. Legally these members might not be able to count towards volunteer numbers/hours (or maybe they could? Not sure what the legalities are for minors as volunteers...).
As you know, I signed my son up this year as one of his Christmas gifts. I think JORBA is a great way to instill community service and charity at a young age because it correlates directly with something kids love doing; riding bikes and playing outside. And when he gets a bit older he'll be responsible for his own dues. It would be great if kids shirt sizes would be available for the Jr's....
I have a feeling there are other parents that would be interested in doing something similar... maybe. Worth possibly surveying....
At a minimum I figure it might be a slight revenue generation boost, and at most I think it may help spread JORBA awareness at a better pace and reach more people. Getting kids involved is likely to spill into their friends who may not have avid cycling parents whom are mtbnj members...or spread awareness that JORBA exists to cyclists who aren't in the know (I didn't realize it existed until I joined mtbnj, and I was riding long before then).
Kids T-shirts, wrist bands, etc, stuff they like wearing and showing off at school or show-&-tell is better than an add in a cycling magazine... get other kids to go home and say "dad can we join JORBA like JT?"
Again, just a thought. We'll find out how the beta test works when we finally shrink my sons shirt small enough for him to wear to school next year :)

Frank,
Just an idea; it would be cool for JORBA to offer a "Jr. JORBA" membership for kids. Legally these members might not be able to count towards volunteer numbers/hours (or maybe they could? Not sure what the legalities are for minors as volunteers...).
As you know, I signed my son up this year as one of his Christmas gifts. I think JORBA is a great way to instill community service and charity at a young age because it correlates directly with something kids love doing; riding bikes and playing outside. And when he gets a bit older he'll be responsible for his own dues. It would be great if kids shirt sizes would be available for the Jr's....
I have a feeling there are other parents that would be interested in doing something similar... maybe. Worth possibly surveying....
At a minimum I figure it might be a slight revenue generation boost, and at most I think it may help spread JORBA awareness at a better pace and reach more people. Getting kids involved is likely to spill into their friends who may not have avid cycling parents whom are mtbnj members...or spread awareness that JORBA exists to cyclists who aren't in the know (I didn't realize it existed until I joined mtbnj, and I was riding long before then).
Kids T-shirts, wrist bands, etc, stuff they like wearing and showing off at school or show-&-tell is better than an add in a cycling magazine... get other kids to go home and say "dad can we join JORBA like JT?"
Again, just a thought. We'll find out how the beta test works when we finally shrink my sons shirt small enough for him to wear to school next year :)
There had been some talk amongst the membership group with regards to a revamp, perhaps we can add kids levels as well. I always enjoyed it when folks brought their young ones to TM. I remember being yelled at by @BiknBen 's daughter when we were ruining the earthworms habitat, that was a long time ago. :) So it would definitely be cool to add kids levels, we just need to work on the fine points....thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom