Riders in the Denville/Randolph - Shongum Lake Area

xc62701

Who's out this way? I'm going to be moving there from Bloomfield at the beginning of July and I can't wait to be in the new house in a much quieter area. Already researching routes to ride in and around the area. Looking forward to my proximity to LM, Watnong Mtn, Randolph Trails, and further but still much closer than where I am now Allamuchy.

ME!

So obviously the tourne is now minutes ride out your door, Jwoods, split rock is like 15 minutes...Down 53 to PP, then over to lewmo takes about 50min...Randolph trails trail head on everdale road is about 20-25 minutes...Then you can also ride through dover and hit hedden park and take that over to dickerson mine...come out there, cross rt10, get back on the black river trail and take it back to the randolph trails....Mountain way park above greystone...I have taken that to PP and lewis morris before...then Denville is only a 15min drive from Mahlon, mooch, etc...You are in a pretty awesome spot now. Im still exploring trails after 5 years of living in Rockaway.

@graveyardman67 @trailhead @extremedave and Joe Monga all live in the hood...Bill is still showing me new stuff in split rock that I didnt know existed.

I'm in Lake Parsippany, but I'm also pretty slow. You're definitely in a good spot that is centrally located to some great riding.

Bill is still showing me new stuff in split rock that I didnt know existed.

I've only ridden in split rock a few times and need to get out there more. Hit me up if you guys ever do a recovery paced ride there and I'll join you.

I did a search earlier. 5 miles to LM, 15 to Mahlon, 15 to Allamuchy, 6 miles to downtown Denville, 2 miles to Watnong Mountain, 1 mile to Randolph Trails.

I'm basically looking to see who will suffer with me through the next hurricane/snowstorm/Armageddon ride.

I just wanna get to the next place and keep the adventure moving.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around routes at this point. It looks like I can get to LM easy. It's coming back the climb up Schoolhouse or take the easier way up past the Clyde Potts reservoir that I'm trying to figure out. Also what the good routes to Watnong and in Watnong that are good. The bonus is that I know plenty of the Tourne/Splitrock/Jwoods/Wildcat trails and the Allamuchy and Mahlon stuff so I just need to figure out how to get to those and what other little goodies may be out there.

I'm the furthest house south in Denville. So it'll be a 30 min ride to get to the Tourne. If I'm anywhere near the Tourne I'll be heading to splitrock and wildcat for better bang for the buck.

@xc62701
Hey Ry anytime you want to hit Splitrock let me know. I have a couple of 25-30 mile loops that mix in some fun stuff and some fast railroad beds. You can easily get 50 miles of riding from your place.

Boy, threads like this make me think I live I in the wrong part of the state.

@xc62701
Hey Ry anytime you want to hit Splitrock let me know. I have a couple of 25-30 mile loops that mix in some fun stuff and some fast railroad beds. You can easily get 50 miles of riding from your place.
Awesome I will definitely hit you up at some point to do this. I'm already starting to get a mental map going but it would be great to know a big loop in there. It'll take me 15 minutes to get from my place to Gardner park so I'm excited to ride this place more often.

Back
Top Bottom