Orange Trail Best Times….

Davesnhere

Have you been out to the old multi-use *red hat* trail on Devious Mount since the big burn? Depending on conditions that trail can be a hoot to ride.
And make for a long loop.

Was thinking about adding that, but now want to see what kinda times I can get out of the BatJemima Loop... Jim usually includes Devious in the fat squad rides, was going to ask him what it's like out there since I haven't been able to ride with them on Saturdays....

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
i'm down to 1:45 for the loop. To go faster I need more fitness, a gearing change on my SS or a hardtail geared bike

I'm in for a long loop, its been forever since i strayed from the marked stuff there

pibbles

…I Like the Johnny Winter version…Good Tune!!!
Been awhile since I got under 2hrs. Did 1:51 and took a picture of a 3ft pine snake at about the midway point. Thinkin bout changing the gearing on the ss...also thinkin I could be faster if I drop 50 lbs!

Davesnhere

Been awhile since I got under 2hrs. Did 1:51 and took a picture of a 3ft pine snake at about the midway point. Thinkin bout changing the gearing on the ss...also thinkin I could be faster if I drop 50 lbs!
That's an awesome time Pibbs! I know what you mean by losing 50 lbs..I've lost 58 over the past 5 years...and so far (because of all the biking) have been able to keep it off! Just rode a 1:50:22 orange trail time on my Fat Bike, didn't think that was possible! Still, it's in the back of my mind,there's this voice that keeps saying..."what if i only went a little faster here or there?,bet I could still beat that time"!!! Don't get me wrong, I do not ride all out every time, it's just every now and then u get in a zone, and are flying, and everything is going right,u nearly crash (or do), the adrenaline is pumping....what a rush! So much fun,it's like being 12 years old all over again! Bike on my brother, see u out there soon!

Supermoto

Do you guys ride the trail clockwise or counter clockwise? I was there a couple of weeks back, actually found it kinda slippery with the pine needle over the sand. The fat bike wasn't able to push through and get good grip

Managed a 1:38 which I was happy with being it was my first time there

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions