Weekend Pictures Memorial Day 2015

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@jmanic most impressive part is you were able to get two people, a dog, and a drink into the hammock!

I bought one in Costa Rica 5 years ago (on honeymoo), need to get it hung up now that we actually own a house.

Especially impressive since my wife doesn't carry her weight balancing the thing out.

Do the hammock. Great place to relax after a long day of watching the drywall crew work.

The Kalmyk

Mid week....
image.jpg

Sunday...

image.jpg

rlb

A dog? I hope you've been feeding him.
Ah shit, knew I was forgetting something.

Especially impressive since my wife doesn't carry her weight balancing the thing out.

Do the hammock. Great place to relax after a long day of watching the drywall crew work.
One of these days!Need to find a good spot for it.

Mid week....Sunday...

I think she's already abandoned the new nest, will see tomorrow.

ekuhn

Food Truck Festival.
IMG_0196.JPG

Few lines were long but this pizza took the award for me.

IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

Wedding at Mohawk Lake. Got to the bar and they had Cold Snap! A favorite of mine!

IMG_0195.JPG

Last but not least Tour of Somerville. Didn't know @HeavyMetaLance was racing but glad to see it. Should have walked around more Just stuck to Main Street.

IMG_0199.JPG

What a great weekend.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Got about 180 MTB miles in this weekend. On Saturday, I did a ride I've been wanting to do all year. Back on New Year's Day, a buddy of mine set up a group ride for a few of us at Green Lane Park. It was the first time I'd been there in years, and I was pleasantly surprised by the trails. Green Lane is at the northern end of the Perkiomen Trail, and that gave me the idea. The plan was to ride from my house to Green Lane, ride the trails at Green Lane, then take the Perk Trail to Valley Forge where it meets the Schuylkill River Trail, then take the SRT into Philadelphia and hit the Belmont Plateau and then head over and ride Wissahickon before heading home along the Green Ribbon Trail. All told, I was guessing it was going to be around 140 miles. In the end I had to cut short some of Wissahickon because a puncture in my rear tire wouldn't seal. I wasted about 15 minutes trying to fix it, but then had to cut my losses and make a mad dash to Wissahickon Cyclery a few miles away before they closed to get a tube. Once I got it going again, I bagged the rest of Wiss and hit the GRT to get home in the daylight. All told, it was 127 miles and 11 or so hours on the bike. Oh - and one water bottle that I refilled whenever I came near a convenience store. Anyway, here are a few photos from Saturday:

18141984411_5044af9c60_b.jpg

On the road in Telford

18141977701_a8a7e4f523_b.jpg

Green Lane Orange Trail

17518280564_5b9371d98f_b.jpg

Green Lane Blue Trail

17952975738_474a1c088c_b.jpg

Green Lane Bridge

18140852575_7ced581973_b.jpg

Perkiomen Trail

18114372836_a49e80ffd1_b.jpg

Belmont Plateau near Route 76

18140844545_263165fbdb_b.jpg

Falls Bridge

18114364736_f2a15905e9_b.jpg

Wissahickon heading toward Cresheim

17952953908_c7f7601ee9_b.jpg

Green Ribbon Trail above the Gwynned Valley Train Station

17520259083_ce27717877_b.jpg

Green Ribbon Singletrack

I'm going to have to find the time to do this ride again to make sure I get the whole thing.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Got about 180 MTB miles in this weekend. On Saturday, I did a ride I've been wanting to do all year. Back on New Year's Day, a buddy of mine set up a group ride for a few of us at Green Lane Park. It was the first time I'd been there in years, and I was pleasantly surprised by the trails. Green Lane is at the northern end of the Perkiomen Trail, and that gave me the idea. The plan was to ride from my house to Green Lane, ride the trails at Green Lane, then take the Perk Trail to Valley Forge where it meets the Schuylkill River Trail, then take the SRT into Philadelphia and hit the Belmont Plateau and then head over and ride Wissahickon before heading home along the Green Ribbon Trail. All told, I was guessing it was going to be around 140 miles. In the end I had to cut short some of Wissahickon because a puncture in my rear tire wouldn't seal. I wasted about 15 minutes trying to fix it, but then had to cut my losses and make a mad dash to Wissahickon Cyclery a few miles away before they closed to get a tube. Once I got it going again, I bagged the rest of Wiss and hit the GRT to get home in the daylight. All told, it was 127 miles and 11 or so hours on the bike. Oh - and one water bottle that I refilled whenever I came near a convenience store. Anyway, here are a few photos from Saturday:

On the road in Telford

Green Lane Orange Trail

Green Lane Blue Trail

Green Lane Bridge

Perkiomen Trail

Falls Bridge

Green Ribbon Singletrack

I'm going to have to find the time to do this ride again to make sure I get the whole thing.

Nice ride!
I've got a friend in Collegeville not far from the Perk trail,
so I've ridden all that (Perk, SRT, Green Lane), just not all at once and not on a SS... Well done.

1speed

Nice ride!
I've got a friend in Collegeville not far from the Perk trail,
so I've ridden all that (Perk, SRT, Green Lane), just not all at once and not on a SS... Well done.

Thanks! I am so impressed with what they've done out at Green Lane over the last few years. I hesitate to recommend it as a destination for the NJ folks because it's a long way to drive for a 17 mile ride, but those miles are pretty great. It's got a mix of everything out there -- the Orange Trail is really rocky (a few sections are as rocky as anything at French Creek), the Blue Trail has some tough climbs and some swooping descents, and all those little creek crossings, and the red trails over on both sides of Knight Road are like pure flow trails. Maybe with the Perk Trail thrown in it'd be a good day trip -- you can knock out a bunch of miles on the Perk Trail easy since it's basically all gravel. At any rate, if anyone finds themselves in that area with a bike, it's definitely worth a look.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor

On the road in Telford

Green Lane Orange Trail

Green Lane Blue Trail

Green Lane Bridge

Perkiomen Trail

Falls Bridge

Green Ribbon Singletrack

Great stuff as always! But along those lines..... WTF? No blog update since "Something Wicked" ?!?!?!? Did you change blog locations and I didn't get the memo. ;)

Help! If you don't crank something out soon, I'm going to have to pay attention in meetings!!!!! Aaaahhhhh! :)

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks! I am so impressed with what they've done out at Green Lane over the last few years. I hesitate to recommend it as a destination for the NJ folks because it's a long way to drive for a 17 mile ride, but those miles are pretty great. It's got a mix of everything out there -- the Orange Trail is really rocky (a few sections are as rocky as anything at French Creek), the Blue Trail has some tough climbs and some swooping descents, and all those little creek crossings, and the red trails over on both sides of Knight Road are like pure flow trails. Maybe with the Perk Trail thrown in it'd be a good day trip -- you can knock out a bunch of miles on the Perk Trail easy since it's basically all gravel. At any rate, if anyone finds themselves in that area with a bike, it's definitely worth a look.

Yeah, my friend and I occasionally do a sprint adventure race that rotates locations and is staged at Green Lane every couple of years.
Sadly last time we drew the bike leg last, and the clock cut our ride time short. (Or maybe it was poor conditioning and time management ;) )
Need to get out there again the next time I'm down there.

1speed

Great stuff as always! But along those lines..... WTF? No blog update since "Something Wicked" ?!?!?!? Did you change blog locations and I didn't get the memo. ;)

Help! If you don't crank something out soon, I'm going to have to pay attention in meetings!!!!! Aaaahhhhh! :)

Well, I can't be responsible for that! :D I am actually working on separating racing stuff from JRA stuff and riding trips (which I desperately want to do more if I can find the time.) But I'm finding that until I commit to doing it, it's going to be content light. Overall, it's probably laziness. I'm racing the Wilmington-Whiteface Leadville Qualifier in two weeks, and unless I win it I am not going to Leadville. (I think that sucks, BTW -- other classes get three qualifiers but SS only gets the one.) It's basically Iron Cross with more climbing as I understand it, so that should provide something interesting (no matter how I do.) Either way, I'll try to be better at it!

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
'cool, but can we get more info on your avatar? If you were involved, additional info will be needed for that awesomeness. I hope it is not on a track.
truck%20jump_zpstxht9lci.jpg
god i miss this old truck 1997 ford ranger 2wd completely customized long travel suspension and roll cage. This was a result of shattering both my ankles for the second time in three years, damn motocross . So when i couldn't moto anymore i built my truck to behave like a big atv for several years . Old garbage dumps in Lyndhurst / North Arlington were my stomping grounds for years

bigW

image.jpg

Got the workbench/outfeed table working. Super heavy not something that I will ever want to move ( approx 9' long and 44" wide )

Emmert pattern makers vise installed but the wagon/tail vise I will finish later.

Top Bottom