So, who made the switch?

giff06

Any new fat bikers from the winter make the switch to full time fat thus far for the spring?

Let's here your story....
We love riding the fattys. Gives me the freedom from the resposibilities riding the tandem brings and Pat is learning about being a better rider. Win/ win as I see it, but that said, they will never replace the tandems for us.
Ed and Pat
tSRt

huffster

Not completely, but its heavily in the rotation. Really like riding it in the dirt (on the rocks) as much as I did in the snow. But, sometimes grabbing the nice light hardtail 29er is a nice change of pace, too.

teabagger11

recently got a surly krampus 29+, omg this bike rocks, can't wait to try it at wharton, rode the the fattie there, rode the SS there, everywhere i have ridden the kramp i feel i ride faster, not ready to go full fat which i dont think the kramp is, but i'll take what ever i can to feel like i'm going fast

FitmanNJ

Yes, full artery-clogging, saturated fat, all the time. As I recall, I got the Fatboy on December 30th, and I thought I'd like it year around...and, I do! The carbon wheels give it a peppy ride for such a "big" bike, and I invested in a lighter set of wheels for the summer, so I'm all set. I've been taking it to a wide variety of trail systems (flowey to rocky), and I've been very pleased with the ride. I'm not a racer, so the slightly slower travel isn't really an issue for me. Actually, I've found a number of instances where my Fatboy GPS ride files are very similar to my pre-obesity Salsa El Mariachi 29'er hardtail rides...

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
I have a fattie and it is my rotation for my summer riding. However, I still love my full squish Trance 27.5 as my main bike.

Funny thing is that it took me about 2 rides to be able to switch back effectively to the "skinny" Trance after riding the fat all winter. I was ham-fisting the steering and had to learn how to pick lines again. The fat made me a bit lazy when it came to picking lines -- just point and shoot.

Overall, the fat is fun to ride, but I still appreciate a great full squish bike -- and I am not about to drop $5K for a Bucksaw!

huffster

and I am not about to drop $5K for a Bucksaw!
^ The thing is beautiful though isn't it.

Note to self: Must play lotto occasionally.
Bucksaw1_Introducing.jpg

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
^ The thing is beautiful though isn't it.

Note to self: Must play lotto occasionally.
Bucksaw1_Introducing.jpg
Oh it is a pretty bike. I test rode this bike at Dirtfest and I did like it a lot. But the pricetag seemed a bit steep to me for what you get.

Jforce

I'm primarily a road rider but like others, the fatbike is in the rotation. I'm riding it and enjoying it way more than my old hard tail. This year I will end up with fewer miles overall, but more days riding and more time in the saddle due to the fattie

ktmrider

Went fatty 2 years ago and haven't had a leg over anything else since ,
upgraded to carbon wheels/bluto and 1x11 along with xt brakes . Seems pretty bullit proof
The fatboy was the best bang for the buck and is fun to ride .

domo

been spending a lot more time on the muk last few rides, specially in ringwood red and white trails makes it so much easier, may need to tweak some parts to accommodate the tech sections but overall should be able to replace my 29er for most group rides

i just smile a whole lot more more riding the muk :)

Eddie Z

For every 3 rides on my go-to bike (FullX Giant Anthem 29er), I'm riding the fatbike once. I'd probably ride the fatbike even more, but in some group ride settings, I don't want to force the other riders to wait longer. I'm slow enough as it is.

Supermoto

I'm thinking of selling the FS 29 and bluto fat bike for a bucksaw carbon. Get the best of both worlds with one bike

alex_k

I love my 25# Beargrease and it could be the only bike but I hate the idea of having one bike. It is almost fast as my Flux at 6MR and climbs better than 5Spot at Chimney Rock but both Turners are much more fun to ride.

Top Bottom