french creek camping details

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We normally go to Lackawanna state park but this year we are planning on going to French creek. We like these Pa. Parks because of hook ups and riding out from camp. So my question is if you have been and do the camper thing what sites are primo for us to land? If you have 6/27-28 weekend free come join us. Should be a hoot!

Robin

Nope. just as far a for drive for us as Wawayanda. I know there is camping near the race course as we can see it but don't know much about it.

BShow

I've been a ton of times, but I've always been in a tent. I got a cabin last year, but I've never paid attention to the camper hookups, so I'm probably not much help.

The sewage facilities are an eysore on the way out of the camp, that's all i know.

Last edited:

BShow

I will say that any of the four loops up top are great for riding to the trails. There's a trailhead on both sides of the road just past the guard shack that allows you to access both sides of the park. Coming from camp, you'll make a left just past the guard shack into the woods to cross over rte345 and access the shed road/turkey point trails which iirc is about a 7 mile loop - it's a challenging loop, usually done clockwise. There's a long, rocky descent and a long climb back out. The remainder/bulk of the trails, which includes the race course are to your right. If you've done the race, you might actually remember passing some camp sites - these sites are on the four upper camp loops - either A, B, C, or D - I cant remember which, but they're all close.

Top Bottom