2015-16 Schedule Time

Mountain Bike Mike

I had a CX discussion with the wife last night...

For the family MTB racing sucks to spectate... Off Daddy goes into the woods, sitting, waiting, hey - there is Daddy, there goes Daddy back into the woods, sitting, waiting... Yay Daddy crossed the finish line.

I was really selling how CX is much different and fun to spectate and you can see roughly 80% of the race. The wife seemed into it so maybe Nittany could work out. Make a family weekend of it.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
if my life was that easy... Sigh..

They will most likely have a kids race there, I forget your kids ages but if you have any in the 3-7 range they could do that. Boom. Family event.

The local fire company also shows up serving inexpensive burgers and dogs AND literally everyone who is anyone in the CX scene is there. It makes HPCX look like a tiny event.

On that note listen to @pearl and sign up. 4/5 is firs come first serve and you don't wanna get stuck in the back of that start. I've been there twice and you need to do a lot of work to make up places.

With that said don't use "I didn't reg right away," as an excuse not to race.

YouRang87

Anyone doing that one in Wilmington Delaware Sept. 6th? Anyone ever do that one before? Not trying to hijack BUT for all these what's the process? Sign up on bike reg, then race day just give me name and usa cycling card? "Which I didn't get yet". Anyone care about going through the process from saying hey I want to do that to actually doing it race day?

mstyer

That's basically the process. I'd suggest getting your USAC card before registering so that your number can be captured on the registration info. On race day you go to the pre-registered table, give your name and maybe have to show your card, and they'll have you sign a form then hand you a packet with numbers, pins, swag, etc.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's basically the process. I'd suggest getting your USAC card before registering so that your number can be captured on the registration info. On race day you go to the pre-registered table, give your name and maybe have to show your card, and they'll have you sign a form then hand you a packet with numbers, pins, swag, etc.

Or get the app on your phone.

If you just signed up the default may be a paperless license. So they may not send you one at all.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Awesome. :eek: Nittany again is on the same weekend as the NJ Gran Fondo. HPCX is on the same weekend I have a half marathon. My legs are going to kill me.

soulchild

Just read this on the interweb.

CHARM CITY CYCLOCROSS SCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 10-11TH, DESPITE INITIAL USA CYCLING CALENDAR
**For Immediate Release**

CharmCityCX-logo-231x300.png

Baltimore, MD –
After a decade of hosting one of the East Coast’s largest cyclocross race weekends every September, Charm City Cross will move its dates to October 10th and 11th in 2015. This move is being done, in-part, to better align the East Coast UCI race calendar, strengthening a proven hotbed of US cyclocross and providing better logistical access for the traveling US Pro Men and Women.

With a move to mid-October, Charm City Cross strategically positions itself amongst a month-long string of top-tier UCI races held on the East Coast, to the likes of which, many are beginning to refer to as #cxtober (read: “Crosstober”).

After coordinating with regional promoters and initially registering for a Category 1 event on the Oct. 10-11, 2015 weekend, USA Cycling chose to offer Charm City a date later in the season. The Charm City Cross promoters instead elected to pursue their original dates as a Category 2 race rather than settling for the consolation dates offered by USA Cycling in mid-November as a C1 event. Such dates would have prohibited Charm City Cross, and the rest of the East Coast promoters, from achieving the original goal.

Starting in the last weekend of September with the Grand Prix of Gloucester (Sept. 26-27 – Gloucester, MA), followed by the KMC Cyclo-cross Festival (Oct. 3-4 – Providence, RI), Charm City Cross (Oct. 10-11 – Baltimore, MD), HPCX (Oct. 17-18 – Jamesburg, NJ), and wrapping up with DCCX (Oct. 24-25 – Washington, DC) the grouping will achieve what many promoters in the Mid Atlantic have been working towards for several years.

Registration for Charm City Cross is scheduled to open on August 1, 2015. Cyclists interested in racing can register atwww.bikereg.com. Spots are limited, so riders are encouraged to register early.

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
From MAC Cross:

We apologize greatly for the delay in releasing the 2015 MAC calendar, but here it is. Enjoy and we'll see you at Nittany.
#1-2 Nittany - Sept 12-13
#3-4 Charm - Oct 10-11
#5-6 HPCX - Oct 17-18
#7 Whirlybird - Oct 24
#8 Fair Hill - Nov 7
#9 Kutztown - Nov 14
#10 Limestone - Dec 13

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
From PAC

2015 Race Schedule
http://www.pacycling.org/cross/schedule/